November 12 2008
Highlights of the week include the unveiling of the "One Tree, Many Roots" mural featuring hand-painted flags from around the world, an international cooking competition, panel discussions and a concert by the Trinidad Tripoli Steelband. Students will also represent ISU at the International Festival in Indianapolis.
International Education Week events include:
- Saturday, Nov. 15: Indian Global Night, 5:30 p.m., South Vigo High School (3737 S. 7th St.), contact Abhishek Dharmaraj at email@example.com for tickets
- Sunday, Nov. 16: International Cooking Competition, 7-9 p.m., Pickerl Hall lobby
- Monday, Nov. 17: International Student Cultural Fair, 11 a.m.- 2 p.m., Hulman Memorial Student Union Commons; "International Challenges and the Possible Foreign Policy of the Obama Administration," panel discussion sponsored by the political science department, 3:30-5 p.m., Holmstedt Hall room 116
- Tuesday, Nov. 18: "Helping International Students Succeed in the Classroom," panel discussion for U.S. students from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., followed by a panel discussion for faculty from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Holmstedt Hall room 116
- Wednesday, Nov. 19: "Cultural Expression: From Traditional Expression to Modern Context," presentation by art professor Ray Chen, 11 a.m., Hulman Memorial Student Union room 321; "North Korea: 'Outpost of Tyranny' or a 'Shrimp amongst Whales''", presentation by International Affairs Center Director Jacques Fuqua, 12 p.m., Hulman Memorial Student Union, room 407
- Thursday, Nov. 20: "Sycamores in China," panel discussion moderated by Dr. Wei He of the organizational department, 3:30 p.m., Root Hall, room A-110; Trinidad Tripoli Steelband concert, 7-9 p.m., Hulman Memorial Student Union, Dede I, sponsored by Student Activities and Organizations
More information is available online.
International Education Week is part of a national initiative of the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Education designed to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide.
Contact: Randy Green, Indiana State University, International Affairs Center, 812-237-2440 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Writer: Emily Taylor, Indiana State University, Communications and Marketing, 812-237-3790 or email@example.com
The seventh annual International Education Week at Indiana State University will be celebrated Nov. 17-21 with a wide range of cultural activities.