Master of Science in Sport Management
ISU-NIAAA Educational Partnership
Indiana State University proudly announces the delivery of a new Master of Science in Sport Management
opportunity articulating the NIAAA-LTI Courses with ISU graduate coursework.
Effective August 2012 the Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport began the ISU -NIAAA Articulated Online
Master's degree in Sport Management. This program is open to only practicing interscholastic athletic administrators
(high school or junior high school, or middle school) and associate/assistant athletic directors who are members of the
The 100% Online Master of Science in Recreation and Sport Management with a concentration in Sport Management
has been designed to meet the demands of working interscholastic athletic administrators. This web-based program is targeted
to highly motivated individuals and will allow students the ability to increase their understanding of the field of Athletic
Administration without altering their personal and professional schedules. Emphasis is placed on preparing individuals for
the ever changing economic, political, legal, and marketing concerns that are a part of the sports industry.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Further their knowledge through an application based course structure designed to enhance skills and competencies in
- Utilize current working problems within the profession in order to assess solutions to established needs; and
- Build a professional networking base that allows for the sharing of issues and problems in order to integrate a
logical problem solving paradigm in the solution process.
- Curious to see where other Athletic Administration students are? Below is a map showing where past Athletic Admin
students were when they got their degree. Let us put you on the map and sign up for courses today! View Athletic Admin
in a larger map.
This program goes beyond theoretical instruction and provides knowledge, skills, and professional expertise in the fields
of athletic administration. This program is designed to prepare interscholastic athletic administrators for the leadership
skills requires as the discipline in athletic administration grows.
The program is characterized by:
- Students who are current NIAAA members and practicing
- The opportunity to transfer up to nine (9) credits from other accredited institutions of higher education and/or
one (1) credit for each LTI course successfully complete with a transcript from the NIAAA up to nine (9)(Note: Students
can only transfer a total of nine (9) credits
- Students may select to complete coursework through credit-by-examination up to nine (9) credits by successfully
completing three appropriate LTI courses that convert to an ISU course and successfully complete the examination;
- A format that is designed for students to move through the program coursework together, taking the same classes and
building relationships with other practicing athletic administrators;
- Courses are offered 100% online;
- Sequencing that outlines a sure path to degree attainment, guaranteed placement in classes, and additional admissions
and registration services;
- Curriculum that offers both theoretical and practical application with respect to assessment, ethical decision-making,
experiential learning, financial accountability, governance, legal aspects and risk management, marketing, management,
media relations, and organizational aspects to athletic administration; and
- Faculty that bring formal education and personal experience to their teaching.
Sport Management students come from:
Map of ISU's Sport Management Students