The steps to enter the program are as follows:
- Apply to the ISU College of Graduate and Professional Studies for the Master of Science degree in Sport Management.
You will need to pay an application fee and submit all transcripts of college work from every institution you attended.
The minimum GPA is a 2.75 on a 4.0 Scale in your major field of study. No references are required nor a statement of
philosophy. You may apply any semester or during the summer. ISU's Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport has
a rolling admission policy.
- Upon acceptance into the program the student will be able to transfer credits and complete nine (9) credits from other accredited graduate programs
that are equivalent to ISU requirements with grades of a "B" or better. Further, the student will also be able to transfer
LTC courses to ISU as well. For every three LRC courses (see articulated course matrix), the student will be provided credit
for an ISU course. The total number of transfer credits allowable is nine (9).
- Students can also gain credit toward ISU courses through "Previous Learning Assessment" up to nine (9) hours. This is
accomplished by completing the three LT courses articulated to an ISU course and passing a comprehensive examination with 80% or
better jointly prepared by ISU and the NIAAA. The student will be charged for the test administration and tuition at the rate
of 25% of the in-state tuition fees.
- The remaining 18 credits required for the degree will be completed through distance education.
- The internship course and research project will also be completed through distance education in consultation with the Graduate
- The total cost of the program without transfer credits or Credit-by-Examination will be approximately $16,776. If the student
transfers nine (9) credits through Credit-by-Examination the cost would be approximately $9,498. It is important to remember these
cost figures are estimates and could be slightly higher or lower.
- Students have seven years to complete the Master's degree from the semester they begin.
- Send all inquiries to: