Student Computing Support Center
(walk in support for students)
Room 009 Stalker Hall
M-Th 7:30am to 7:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Sunday 3:00pm to 9:00pm
Help Desk Call Center
M-Th 7:30am to 10:00pm
Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday 8:00am to 2:00pm
Sunday 3:00pm to 9:00pm
Holiday and Summer Hours
Instructional Tools Support Center
Fall and Spring
M-Th 7:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Friday 7:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Saturday 12:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Sunday 4:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
Indiana State University has provided twenty-six (26) Print Release Stations for student printing. This project
was completed in May 2012.
To use the printers, students need to install the printing software on their laptop. Once the software is installed, two new printers appear in the printer list, "Student_BW" and "Student_Color". Files can be sent to these printers in the same way as standard printers, however print jobs will be held in the queue until the student visits one of the twenty-six (26) Print Release Stations and instructs the machine to print the job.
Install the Printing Software
The software is available at
http://downloads.indstate.edu. Click under the "Printers" section in the list of links on the left side of the page, then select the package you need: Windows or Macintosh.
How to Use the Printers From your laptop
- Install the software on your laptop
- Print a document or file from your laptop as normal. In the dialog
box that opens, select either the "Student_BW" ($0.03/page) or "Student_Color"
($0.15/page) print queue in the Printer Name drop down box. The cost
will be deducted from your print account when the job is printed.
- The pop-up dialog box shown below will appear. Enter your Sycamore
ID username. (Ex: asmith22, ylin14). The document or file you printed
will now be in the print queue and available for printing.
- Visit one of the Print Release Stations. Click here for a list of
locations. (B/W printers can only print jobs sent to the "Student_BW"
queue. Color printers can print jobs from either queue.)
- Swipe your card or enter your Sycamore ID and password on the
terminal attached to the printer. A list of documents or files you have
sent to the print queue (steps 2 and 3) will appear.
- Select the job(s) that you want to print, verify the cost
information located in the bottom left corner, and click the "Print"
button. (Jobs held in the queue will be deleted automatically after
24-hours. There is no charge for any job that is not printed.)
- Wait for the files to print, and remove them from the output tray.
Note that if the printer is in Energy Saver Mode, it may take several minutes for it to warm up and begin printing. In addition, lines may form at printers, especially at high demand times between classes. Please take this into consideration if you are planning to print something in a rush before class!
How to Use the Printers From your Phone or Mobile device
ISU is one of the first in the State and one of a select few in the country to offer printing from a mobile device. Students now have the additional option to print from a smartphone, iPad or tablet to one of twenty-six conveniently located printers around campus. To use the new service follow the instructions below:
- From a mobile device send an email with the document attached to either email@example.com for black and white printing or to firstname.lastname@example.org for color printing.
Hint: In order to print just the attachment, remove any text from the body of the email. This would include signatures and device signatures (Sent from an Android Device, Sent from my iPhone, etc.). Any items in the body of the email will show up as an additional print job.
- After about two minutes, depending on the size or number of documents, you will receive a reply email from ISU-MobilePrint showing a list of the documents ready for release.
- Simply visit any of the twenty-six printers and swipe your ID card or log in using your Sycamore ID and password.
- The terminal will show your list of print jobs that you can print.
Most of the more popular file formats are supported such as:
- Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx)
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Internet and E-Mail Formats (.html, .htm, .mht, and .eml)
- Text files (.txt)
· Rich Text Format (.rtf)
If you have any questions about printing contact the OIT Help
Desk at x2910 or visit the Student Computer Support Center located in the
lower level of Stalker Hall room 009. Printer Locations Printers are located
in academic buildings, residence halls, and common use buildings like the
Library and HMSU. Look for the large blue signs that say "Student Printing
All systems normal.
Check Systems >>
Events & Training
What's New in Blackboard 9.1 SP11
A demonstration of new features available in Blackboard. Please bring your laptop if you would like to follow along.
Monday, 5/13, 9am – 10:30am, Library 230
Wednesday, 5/15, 12:30 – 2:00pm, HMSU 227
Thursday, 5/16, 9am – 10:30am, Library 230
Register for a time here:
Additional times as well as online sessions will be added throughout the Summer.
Computer-based self-paced training for students, faculty and staff >>
Faculty workshop schedules >>
Gillum Hall 103
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809