State Information

The information listed below should be reviewed before applying for ISU Online programs. For further information regarding out of state admissions to Indiana State Online, visit program availability.

Note: Students who have complaints that cannot be resolved through Indiana State University’s process and cannot be resolved with the student’s home state agency should read and follow these instructions.


State authorization to provide a program related to the preparation of teachers or other P-12 school/system personnel does not indicate eligibility for an Alabama certificate. Applicants for an Alabama certificate based on reciprocity must meet Alabama's test requirements and submit a valid, renewable professional educator certificate/license issued by another state at the degree level, grade level, and in the teaching field or area of instructional support for which an Alabama certificate is sought and for which Alabama issues a certificate. Applicants for Alabama certification in an area of administration must also document at least three years of full-time employment as an administrator in a P-12 school system(s).


Not all of the online programs offered by our institution have been approved in Kentucky. Please check the Council on Postsecondary Education's website to view its listing of approved programs. For more information, please contact the Council on Postsecondary Education, 1024 Capital Center Dr., Suite 320, Frankfort, KY 40601.

Please be advised that our educator preparation programs are NOT accredited in Kentucky by the Education Professional Standards Board and are NOT recognized for initial, additional, or renewal of certification or salary enhancement (rank change) for K-12 educators in Kentucky. For more information, please visit the Education Professional Standards Board's website.


Indiana State University is in compliance with the requirements of the Education Article, Title II, Subtitle 2, Annotated Code of Maryland and COMAR 13B.05.01. Policies and the process for Maryland students to submit complaints are found at Complaints also should be directed to: Maryland Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, 200 St. Paul St., Baltimore, MD 21202. Phone: (410) 528-8662 or toll free: (888) 743-0823.


Residents of South Carolina may access a complaint form through the website of the Commission on Higher Education.

The form must be completed, signed, and notarized. It may be submitted with the required documentation to or sent to Nonpublic Institution Licensing, South Carolina Commission on Higher Education, 1122 Lady St., Suite 300, Columbia, SC 29201.


For distance students in Texas any complaints or grievances should be filed with Indiana State University in accordance with published procedures and should also be filed under Title 19 of the Texas Administrative Code, Sections 1.110 – 1.120 and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board's Student Complaint page. Complaints also should be submitted to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board at

ISU is not regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code.  ISU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.  The Higher Learning Commission may be contacted at:


For distance students in Utah any complaints should be filed with Indiana State University in accordance with published procedures and may also be filed with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection at or mailed to: Utah Division of Consumer Protection, 160 E. 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84111.


Indiana State Online Students Residing Outside of Indiana: While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU online programs may not be available in all states, U.S. territories, or Canadian Provinces. To check the status of programs available in a particular state, U.S. Territory, or Canadian Province, visit program availability.

Select Indiana State University online programs are open to U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses. Check specific program availability in regard to programs which require clinical rotations.

All programs are closed to all students residing in any other jurisdictions.