As a condition of ISU’s Animal Welfare Assurance (AWA) through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, all individuals conducting research with live vertebrate animals must complete training. ISU has contracted with the University of Miami to make this training available on-line.
The University of Miami IACUC training consists of a basic course and species specific elective modules which should be chosen based on your research interests. For training to be complete, the module sequence must be completed with a combined score of at least 70%.
You can register for and complete training at www.citiprogram.org
· To register, click on register here. If you are a returning user, enter your username and password to log in. If you have registered previously and have forgotten your password contact the Office of Sponsored Programs at (812) 237-8217.
· Complete registration steps 1-4; select Indiana State University from the list of “Participating Institutions”. Provide requested information and then click submit.
· Provide necessary contact information and then click submit.
· Select curriculum. For IACUC training, only answer question #4 and click submit.
· Decide if you would like to select another institution and click yes or no.
· If the main menu page does not appear, click on main menu. To begin the course, find your course and click on enter.
· Under “Required Modules” click on The Integrity Assurance Statement. Choose the appropriate statement and click submit.
· On the Gradebook page, click on Introduction to begin your coursework.
· At the end of each module, you will click on a link that will direct you to a quiz.
· When the quiz is completed and submitted, click the link at the bottom of the page to proceed to the next module. If you do not pass, you may take any quiz again as many times as you wish.
· When all modules are successfully completed, you will be directed to go to the “Learner’s Menu” to print a completion report for your records.
If you have any technical difficulties with the on-line training, please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs at (812) 237-8217.