Center for Community Engagement
Indiana State University
Tirey Hall 136A
Terre Haute, Indiana 47809
There are three (3) ways of fulfilling the MPD requirement. You must complete one (1) MPD for each month you serve. The three (3) options are listed below:
- Attend the AmeriCorps sponsored Monthly Professional Development event.
- At least (1) is provided monthly
- Complete a Webinar.
- Click on the provided link, WEBINAR, read and follow directions
- o You will need to write a 2-page, double-spaced paper regarding the Webinar and submit it to your AmeriCorps Program staff member
- Attend an "On Your Own”. This is an event you select, and the possibilities are endless. The event must provide professional, personal, academic, or cultural development. Examples include attending the theater (a play), the ISU Speaker’s Series, an academic presentation by a guest speaker, or something professional such as a conference related to your major or profession. It would be wise to consult AmeriCorps staff to confirm the event is appropriate. You have two options for receiving credit for an "On Your Own" MPD:
- Submit a Monthly Professional Development Voucher
- Your voucher MUST have a contact person who can verify your attendance
- Write a 2-page, double-spaced paper about the event and submit it to your AmeriCorps Program staff member
- This option is available when you are unable to complete a MPD voucher
*Failure to complete or stay up to date with AmeriCorps member requirements
could result in suspension of the program- which means you will not be paid and
you cannot accrue hours.