Center for Community Engagement
Indiana State University
Tirey Hall 134A
Terre Haute, Indiana 47809
Host sites must provide matching funds to help compensate members for their living allowance. Matching funds must be provided with non-federal dollars. The rates for the 2012-2013 Sycamore Service Corps grant period (September 1, 2012 – August 31, 2013 are as follows:
- 300 Hours - $581.25 ($7.75 per hour) if member is Federal Work Study eligible.
- 300 Hours - NO MATCH POSITIONS
- If a member is not eligible to receive work study funds, the member receives no
compensation and serves at no cost to the host site.
- Commuter students with Federal Work Study awards serve 300 hours at no cost to
the host site.
- 450 Hours - $680.32 per member.
- 675 Hours - $1,020.69 per member.
Host Sites will be billed quarterly in four equal installments with the last
billing sent toward the end of the contract year. Members that begin service
after the first billing will be divided into the remaining installments. If you
are hosting Federal Work-Study students, you will be billed separately (every
two weeks) for their hours. Host sites are responsible for paying at least 25%
of minimum wage per hour for Federal Work-Study students. Host sites must have a
separate Federal Work-Study contract on file with Indiana State University to
host Federal Work-Study students.
Host sites are NOT responsible for matching the member education award.
Education awards are paid by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
All AmeriCorps positions are provided an education award at the end of a
successful year of service.