Important notifications regarding commencement, graduation, status of your application for graduation, etc. will be sent to your ISU email account. Check your account regularly.
Latin Honors are recognized by Indiana State University for baccalaureate candidates at commencement and on diplomas and transcripts. To be considered for Latin honors, students must:
- Have a current graduation application on file in the Office of Registration and Records
- Adhere to commencement deadlines (March 16th for Spring/Summer and October 15th for Fall commencement). Once the deadline has passed, graduation candidates will not be included in the commencement booklet or have Latin honors announced at the commencement ceremony.
- Complete a minimum of 55 hours of resident (ISU) credit (not including credit awarded through credit by exam, prior learning, or other advanced standing programs).
- Earn a minimum ISU cumulative grade point average of 3.50.
- Earn a minimum Latin honors grade point index of 3.50. The Latin honors index is based on all eligible coursework completed at all regionally accredited institutions. Eligible coursework includes all college-level courses, whether or not the courses are transferable to ISU. All non-ISU coursework is converted to ISU’s grading scale and combined with the ISU cumulative grade point average to calculate the honors grade point index.
Latin honor designations are based on the student’s cumulative honors index (not the ISU cumulative grade point average):
|Latin Honor||Cumulative Honors Grade Point Index|
|Summa Cum Laude||3.90 or higher|
|Magna Cum Laude||3.70-3.89|
When determining Latin Honors for the commencement ceremony, the student’s record will be reviewed at the beginning of the semester/term of graduation and will include all coursework completed at that point in time. Latin honors will be recalculated after graduation and will include all coursework. The official Latin Honor will be designated on the diploma and transcript.
Office of Registration and Records
Parsons Hall Room 009
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Walk-in Office Hours:
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone lines available:8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. MTWF
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. R