The Office of Sponsored Programs, ISU's office for pre-award sponsored program
activity, provides a variety of services to faculty, staff, and students in their pursuit of external funds for research and
The activities of the office include:
- Help faculty, staff, and students identify and contact potential funding sources.
- Assist grant-seekers with proposal preparations.
- Conduct institutional review and record keeping for all proposals submitted to and funded by external agencies.
- Work with funding agencies to negotiate and facilitate awards.
- Maintain a faculty database to allow for efficient matching of funding opportunities to faculty interests.
- Maintain resources on potential funding sources including a variety of CD and on-line databases.
- Work with outside agencies and personnel to develop and qualify funding opportunities.
- Perform university administrative and record keeping duties for all proposals submitted and funded.
- Organize and conduct workshops for faculty, staff, and students on a variety of topics concerning proposals, budgets, grants, and contracts.
- Facilitate the activities of the Institutional Review Board.
- Provide administrative, clerical, and record keeping support for the University Research Committee and the Arts Endowment Committee.
- Develop and offer special workshops as requested by faculty, staff, or student groups and guest lecturing to classes on research issues.
- Many other tasks related to pre-award sponsored programs.
ISU faculty, staff or student conducting research can utilize any of these services by calling 812/237-3088 or by e-mail at
Through Center for Instruction, Research, and Technology (CIRT), OIT offers several
services to support research endeavors at ISU: