The MMAS mission is to assist minority men in reaching their personal and professional goals through education, leadership, and mentorship. Minority men will actively engage in activities to help them become responsible men, successful scholars, and productive citizens. Participants will understand the importance of character development, community engagement, and seek opportunities to develop others in their community, town, city, and world.
MMAS seeks to engage men throughout their academic career. We envision a community of men that focus on academic excellence, community service, healthy living environments and personal relationships. Participants are expected to contribute to our global society by passing knowledge to their fellow brother.
Five Focus Areas:
1. Academic Success
2. Character Development
3. Leadership Skills
4. Career Development
5. Community Service
Benefits of MMAS:
· Enhanced academic and social opportunities through peer mentoring and /or tutoring
· Special programs to acclimate students to campus life and university resources
· Increase male retention and graduation
· Enroll in University 101 course
· Attend required biweekly meetings and programs
· Attend peer mentor meetings
· Positively engage in the residence hall community
How to apply:
To apply to live in the Minority Men Achieving Scholarship themed community, you will need to submit:
· Completed Housing Contract and submit the $20 processing fee and $150 initial payment
· Completed online Application: https://indstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8IWSVkrQlGbHE57
Please do not miss out on this exciting and potentially life changing opportunity. . If you have any questions please contact Aaron Slocum: Phone 812.237.4279, or by email at Aaron.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pictures courtesy of ISU Photography Services