Venues

Tilson Auditorium

Request Information

Venu       Venu       Venu       Venu

Historic Tirey Hall is home to Tilson Music Hall, which is more commonly known as Tilson Auditorium.  Tirey Hall was a Public Works project dedicated by Eleanor Roosevelt in 1940 as the Student Union Building.  The auditorium was named Tilson Music Hall in honor of Lowell Tilson, the chair of the music department from 1915 to 1940. Tilson Music Hall is a classic Proscenium Arch Theater that seats 1450. The facility is equipped with two dressing rooms and a dressing corridor.  Tilson Music Hall is home to the Performing Arts Series, University Speaker Series, Terre Haute Symphony performances, and many School of Music performances.  Tilson Music Hall is available for rental for concerts, dance recitals, speakers, and other types of performances and special events.