Money Does Grow on Trees. Indiana State University and the Indiana State University Foundation offer a variety of scholarships to help make a college experience possible to talented and deserving students. Annually, the University awards more than $16 million in scholarships and awards, many of which are made possible by the support and gifts of individuals and organizations. STATE’s online scholarship system The Branch is the place to go to access these opportunities.
Check out our scholarships for entering freshmen and transfer students. You will be automatically considered for some awards, just for submitting your application and being admitted on time. Other awards, like the President’s Scholarship and the Warren M. Anderson Scholarship, require separate applications and have different deadlines so check the following resources early and often to discover your opportunities.
Freshman Scholarships 2017-2018
Listed below are scholarships for entering freshmen who will begin their studies in 2017, enroll as full-time students each semester (minimum of 12 credits), and successfully complete a minimum of 30 credit hours each academic year. This will enable students to successfully progress toward graduation within four years.
You can start earning scholarships as early as your freshman year of high school with our raise.me microscholarships. Learn more about how an A in biology or an hour of community service can start building your scholarship dollars.
Online-only and returning Indiana State University students are not eligible for these freshman scholarships or the raise.me microscholarships. To receive first consideration for many scholarships, students must be admitted to Indiana State University by December 1.
- President's Scholarship
- Center for Leadership Development Scholarship
- Gongaware Scholarship
- Networks Scholarship
- Rural Health Scholarship
- Sycamore Teacher Leader Scholarship
- University Honors Scholarship
- Warren M. Anderson Scholarship
- President's Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Creative and Performing Arts Award
- Sycamore Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Academic Distinction Scholarship
- Academic Merit Scholarship
- Child of Alumni Textbook Scholarship
- College Challenge Success Award
- Illinois Achievement Scholarship
- Illinois Student Scholarship
- Incentive Scholarship
- International Scholar Award
- Kentucky Student Scholarship
- Laptop/iPad Award
- Lugar Nominee Scholarship
- Lugar Scholars Minority Grant
- Midwest Consortium Scholarship
- Ohio Student Scholarship
- State Works Award
- Summer Honors Scholarship
- 21st Century Scholars Excellence Scholarship
- 21st Century Scholars Housing Scholarship
- 21st Century Scholars Textbook Scholarship
Transfer Scholarships 2017-2018
Listed below are scholarships for entering transfer students who will begin their studies in 2017, enroll as full-time students each semester (minimum of 12 credits), and successfully complete a minimum of 30 credit hours each year. Please read the scholarship descriptions on this site carefully for details.
Open to Students Entering Fall Semester
To receive consideration for the following scholarships, students must be admitted to ISU by June 1.
- Ivy Tech Accelerated Program Scholarship
- Online Transfer Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- Transfer Illinois Student Scholarship
- Transfer Incentive Scholarship
- Transfer International Scholar Award
- Transfer Kentucky Student Scholarship
- Transfer Laptop/iPad Award
- Transfer Midwest Consortium Scholarship
- Transfer Ohio Student Scholarship
Open to Students Entering Spring Semester
Deadlines vary by award.
Indiana State University offers a variety of scholarships for Indiana State University students, including talented and deserving sophomores, juniors, and seniors. These scholarships are available through individual colleges and academic departments such as Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Health and Human Services, Nursing, and Technology. To view scholarship opportunities, visit The Branch.
Accepting an Indiana State University Scholarship
For instructions, visit Accepting Your State Scholarship.
Renewing an Indiana State University Scholarship
Students who receive Indiana State University scholarships should read these rules and regulations.
The appeal process varies by award term. Search for “Appeal” in The Branch and select the appropriate reinstatement term.
- Laptop Return Policy: In accordance with the Laptop Award rules and regulations, students who do not maintain enrollment for two consecutive semesters, which consists of attendance through the first full week of classes of the second semester, must return the awarded laptop following these these instructions.
- Fall 2016 Laptop Contract
Indiana State University has been ranked No. 1 in civic engagement by Washington Monthly Magazine for the third year running. President's and University Honors Scholarship recipients are expected to complete community service. The expectation is for students to work approximately 12 to 15 hours over the course of the academic year. Documentation of service is required through OrgSync in the student's MyISU Portal. To understand what community service means to us and to see how to log your hours, please read this document.
After three years in Admissions at Indiana State University, Sarah was selected to launch and lead the University Scholarship Office in 2008 to further improve the recruitment and retention of academically successful Sycamores. She holds a bachelor's degree in German from the University of Notre Dame and a master's degree in English literature from Indiana State University.
A graduate of Indiana State University in human resource development, Kelly has worked at the University for 13 years. She focuses on scholarship outreach and communication efforts, as well as organizing events for prospective, high-achieving students.
Student Scholarship Assistants
- Maggie Glowinski
- Makayla Herring
- List of outside scholarships
- Scholarship search tools and resources
- Procedures for reporting outside scholarships