Money Does Grow on Trees. Indiana State University and the Indiana State University Foundation offer a variety of scholarships to help make a college experience possible to talented and deserving students. Annually, the University awards more than $16 million in scholarships and awards, many of which are made possible by the support and gifts of individuals and organizations. STATE’s online scholarship system The Branch is the place to go to access these opportunities.
Check out our scholarships for entering freshmen and transfer students. You will be automatically considered for some awards, just for submitting your application and being admitted on time. Other awards, like the President’s Scholarship and the Warren M. Anderson Scholarship, require separate applications and have different deadlines so check the following resources early and often to discover your opportunities.
Freshman Scholarships 2018-2019
Listed below are scholarships for entering freshmen who will begin their studies in 2018, enroll as full-time students each semester (minimum of 12 credits), and successfully complete a minimum of 30 credit hours each academic year. This will enable students to successfully progress toward graduation within four years.
You can start earning scholarships as early as your freshman year of high school with our RaiseMe micro-scholarships. Learn more about how an A in biology or an hour of community service can start building your scholarship dollars.
Online-only and returning Indiana State University students are not eligible for these freshman scholarships or the RaiseMe micro-scholarships. To receive first consideration for many scholarships, students must be admitted to Indiana State University by December 1.
- President's Scholarship
- Center for Leadership Development Scholarship
- Gongaware Scholarship
- Networks Scholarship
- Rural Health Scholarship
- Sycamore Teacher Leader Scholarship
- University Honors Scholarship
- Warren M. Anderson Scholarship
- Sycamore String Quartet Program Scholarship
- President's Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Creative and Performing Arts Award
- Sycamore Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
All incoming freshmen who are admitted to the University by the deadline will be automatically considered for these scholarships. No additional application is required. For details, including deadlines, follow the links below.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Academic Distinction Scholarship
- Academic Merit Scholarship
- Child of Alumni Textbook Scholarship
- Engineering Scholarship
- Illinois Achievement Scholarship
- Illinois Student Scholarship
- Incentive Scholarship
- International Scholar Award
- Kentucky Student Scholarship
- Laptop/iPad Award
- Lugar Nominee Scholarship
- Lugar Scholars Minority Grant
- Midwest Consortium Scholarship
- Ohio Student Scholarship
- 21st Century Scholars Excellence Scholarship
- 21st Century Scholars Housing Scholarship
- 21st Century Scholars Textbook Scholarship
Transfer Scholarships 2018-2019
Listed below are scholarships for entering transfer students who will begin their studies in 2018, enroll as full-time students each semester (minimum of 12 credits), and successfully complete a minimum of 30 credit hours each year. Please read the scholarship descriptions on this site carefully for details.
Open to Students Entering Fall Semester
To receive consideration for the following scholarships, students must be admitted to ISU by June 1.
- Ivy Tech Accelerated Program Scholarship
- Online Transfer Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- Transfer Illinois Student Scholarship
- Transfer Incentive Scholarship
- Transfer International Scholar Award
- Transfer Kentucky Student Scholarship
- Transfer Laptop/iPad Award
- Transfer Midwest Consortium Scholarship
- Transfer Ohio Student Scholarship
Open to Students Entering Spring Semester
Deadlines vary by award.
Indiana State University offers a variety of scholarships for Indiana State University students, including talented and deserving sophomores, juniors, and seniors. These scholarships are available through individual colleges and academic departments such as Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Health and Human Services, Nursing, and Technology. To view scholarship opportunities, visit The Branch.
Accepting an Indiana State University Scholarship
For instructions, visit Accepting Your State Scholarship.
Renewing an Indiana State University Scholarship
Students who receive Indiana State University scholarships should read these rules and regulations.
The appeal process varies by award term. Search for “Appeal” in The Branch and select the appropriate reinstatement term.
- Laptop Return Policy: In accordance with the Laptop Award rules and regulations, students who do not maintain enrollment for two consecutive semesters, which consists of attendance through the first full week of classes of the second semester, must return the awarded laptop.
Update coming soon.
After three years in Admissions at Indiana State University, Sarah was selected to launch and lead the University Scholarship Office in 2008 to further improve the recruitment and retention of academically successful Sycamores. She holds a bachelor's degree in German from the University of Notre Dame and a master's degree in English literature from Indiana State University.
A graduate of Indiana State University in human resource development, Kelly has worked at the University since 2002. Having played various roles in Distance Education and Admissions, she joined the University Scholarship Office in 2012. She focuses on scholarship outreach and communication efforts, as well as event planning for State’s biggest recruitment events for prospective, high-achieving students.
Upon graduating from State in 2016 with his bachelor’s degree in history, Shane joined our admissions team as an application processing specialist. He has since moved into a systems role within the University Scholarship Office where he provides back-end support for our outreach and awarding efforts.
Student Scholarship Assistants
- Maggie Glowinski
- Makayla Herring
- Courtney Swanson
- List of outside scholarships
- Scholarship search tools and resources
- Procedures for reporting outside scholarships