for Entering Freshmen
[ return to scholarship list ]
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP
- $2,000 a year
- Renewable for three additional years
- Admission deadline: December 1
- Requirements (listed below) must be satisfied by December 1.
- Open to Indiana and out-of-state residents
- Not open to international, distance-only, or returning ISU students
- All incoming freshmen who are admitted to the University by December 1 will be automatically considered for this scholarship. No additional application is required.
- To be awarded this scholarship, students must be entering ISU fall semester.
To be considered, candidates must have a combination of two of the following three:
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.7 on a 4.0 scale
- An 1100 SAT (combined critical reading and mathematics) or 24 ACT (composite)
- Ranking in the top 10% of the senior class
In addition, candidates must complete a minimum of Core 40 or college-prep curriculum.
To view the rules and regulations governing this scholarship, see rules and regulations.
To apply for admission to Indiana State University,
see applications and instructions.
Note: Students who qualify for the Academic Excellence Scholarship may qualify for other
awards. See combining.
The University reserves the right to change scholarships, policies, and award
amounts. The right to correct errors is also reserved.
Last updated: 15 August 2012