Scholarship Search Tools
Listed below are resources that may be helpful in locating and applying for outside scholarships. Before beginning a scholarship search, please
read this scam alert from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- BestColleges.com—visit this site for a list
of scholarship opportunities specifically given to female students.
- CollegeBoard.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- DutchCrafters Amish Furniture Heritage Scholarship. This scholarship
recognizes undergraduate students who draw upon their cultural heritage to shape their vocational aspirations, add creative value to their
future employers, and serve their communities. The scholarship application deadline is May 1, 2015 for the 2015-16 academic year.
- EmergencyLights.net Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship with a submission deadline of December 15, 2014
- Fastweb.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- F.C. Tucker Spring 2015 Scholarship—a $1,500 award
to the student who best demonstrates the values and principles that we consider crucial to running a successful business. Entry deadline is December 15, 2014.
- Fifth Third Bank Scholarship Sweepstakes—a $10,000 scholarship open to all legal residents of the
United States except residents of New York and Rhode Island. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and meet other
- Finaid.org—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Financial Aid for Minority Students—a comprehensive scholarship list that includes financial aid opportunities exclusively
reserved for African-Americans, Hispanics, women, and other specific minority groups, as well as more generalized awards that are made available
to applicants belonging to any underrepresented demographic
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program —In honor of the legacy and character of President Ronald Reagan,
this program annually rewards up to 20 college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with
$10,000 renewable scholarships (up to $40,000 per recipient). Applications for this scholarship will be accepted online until January 8, 2015.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund—scholarships for Latino students
- HomeInsurance.com Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship with a submission deadline of December 31, 2014
- IN.gov—grants and scholarships offered by the State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana
- JW Surety Bonds Scholarship—this scholarship was created to give students a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship to be
used toward college tuition while providing an opportunity to showcase skills in their respective fields of study. With their applications,
students will submit original content focused on a specific business category provided. Upon being reviewed, selected entries will be posted
on JW Surety Bonds' corporate blog, and the student will be entered for a chance to win the $1,000 scholarship. Deadline is September 30, 2015.
- Kids' Chance of Indiana—scholarships for children of Indiana's fatally and seriously injured workers
- Learn.org—academic scholarships ranging from $500 - $1,000 for students
looking to pursue degrees in various areas, including nursing and medical assisting, art and design, computer technology and information systems,
social sciences, business, communications and journalism, information systems and technology management, psychology and counseling, and
education and teaching. Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history. Deadline is April 1, 2015.
- Mesothelioma Center Scholarship Essay Contest—scholarships for students who bring
awareness to asbestos-related cancers
- Mhelpdesk Video Scholarship—a $1,500 scholarship with a submission deadline of December 15, 2014
- Michael Yasick ADHD Scholarship—a $2,000 scholarship open to legal residents of the United States with ADHD.
Up to fifty scholarships will be awarded. Application deadline is February 18, 2015. Winners will be notified by May 2015.
- Mometrix College Scholarships—a scholarship essay contest with
scholarship prizes of $5,000, $2,000, and $1,000. The submission deadline is May 22, 2015.
- Nursing—a list of
outside scholarships compiled by the Nursing Program, Indiana State University.
- Point Foundation Scholarships—scholarships for LGBTQ students
- Scholarships.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Scholarships 360—daily scholarship features
- Scholarships for Women—information on scholarships for females, including
undergraduate and graduate students
- Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship—scholarships available to students majoring in biology and chemistry with a deadline of December 29, 2014
- Wabash Valley Community Foundation—information, deadlines, and application instructions for a variety of scholarships