Scholarship Search Tools
Listed below are resources that may be helpful in locating and applying for outside scholarships. Before beginning a scholarship search, please
read this scam alert from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- BestColleges.com—visit this site for a list
of scholarship opportunities specifically given to female students.
- CollegeBoard.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Custom Furniture Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship with a submission deadline of December
- Custom Jewelry Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship with a submission deadline of December
- Crystal Group Innovation Scholarship—two scholarship opportunities for
full-time students pursuing undergraduate degrees in engineering or business-related majors. Deadline is May 1, 2015.
- Drug Reporter Disability Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship to help a student who has overcome physical and
learning disabilities in the quest to attend law school. To be eligible, the student must be accepted at or attending a 4-year college program
or accepted at or attending law school within the U.S. All candidates must have a medically-documented physical disability or learning disability,
verified by a doctor. Deadline is December 31, 2015.
- DutchCrafters Amish Furniture Heritage Scholarship. This scholarship
recognizes undergraduate students who draw upon their cultural heritage to shape their vocational aspirations, add creative value to their
future employers, and serve their communities. The scholarship application deadline is May 1, 2015 for the 2015-16 academic year.
- EmergencyLights.net Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship with a submission deadline of December 15, 2014
- Fastweb.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- F.C. Tucker Spring 2015 Scholarship—a $1,500 award
to the student who best demonstrates the values and principles that we consider crucial to running a successful business. Entry deadline is December 15, 2014.
- Finaid.org—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Financial Aid for Minority Students—a comprehensive scholarship list that includes financial aid opportunities exclusively
reserved for African-Americans, Hispanics, women, and other specific minority groups, as well as more generalized awards that are made available
to applicants belonging to any underrepresented demographic
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program —In honor of the legacy and character of President Ronald Reagan,
this program annually rewards up to 20 college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with
$10,000 renewable scholarships (up to $40,000 per recipient). Applications for this scholarship will be accepted online until January 8, 2015.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund—scholarships for Latino students
- HomeInsurance.com Scholarship—a $1,000 scholarship with a submission deadline of December 31, 2014
- Indiana Association of Environmental Professionals (INAEP)—two
$2,000 scholarships (one for undergraduates and one for graduate students) intended to promote and support the training of new environmental
professionals in the State of Indiana. Deadline is Friday, March 27, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
- Indiana Women in Public Finance—this organization plans to award up to
$3,000 in scholarships to a female college student(s) with a junior or senior status by the fall of 2015. To be eligible, the applicant must be majoring in any of the following areas:
finance, public finance, law, government accounting, public policy and public management, or any other closely related field.
The applicant also must be a permanent resident of Indiana and provide a college transcript, a letter of recommendation from the student's
academic advisor, department chair, or faculty member with which the student completed coursework, the completed application form, and essays.
Completed applications are due by April 3, 2015. The award will be made by July 1, 2015.
- IN.gov—grants and scholarships offered by the State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana
- JW Surety Bonds Scholarship—this scholarship was created to give students a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship to be
used toward college tuition while providing an opportunity to showcase skills in their respective fields of study. With their applications,
students will submit original content focused on a specific business category provided. Upon being reviewed, selected entries will be posted
on JW Surety Bonds' corporate blog, and the student will be entered for a chance to win the $1,000 scholarship. Deadline is September 30, 2015.
- Kids' Chance of Indiana—scholarships for children of Indiana's fatally and seriously injured workers
- Learn.org—academic scholarships ranging from $500 - $1,000 for students
looking to pursue degrees in various areas, including nursing and medical assisting, art and design, computer technology and information systems,
social sciences, business, communications and journalism, information systems and technology management, psychology and counseling, and
education and teaching. Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history. Deadline is April 1, 2015.
- Life Lessons Scholarship—scholarships
ranging from five to fifteen thousand dollars for college students and college-bound high school seniors who have lost a parent who did not
have adequate life insurance protection. The program recognizes the character and perseverance that so many young people show in the face of
adversity. Deadline is March 3, 2015.
- Mesothelioma Center Scholarship Essay Contest—scholarships for students who bring
awareness to asbestos-related cancers
- Mhelpdesk Video Scholarship—a $1,500 scholarship with a submission deadline of December 15, 2014
- Michael Yasick ADHD Scholarship—a $2,000 scholarship open to legal residents of the United States with ADHD.
Up to fifty scholarships will be awarded. Application deadline is February 18, 2015. Winners will be notified by May 2015.
- Mometrix College Scholarships—a scholarship essay contest with
scholarship prizes of $5,000, $2,000, and $1,000. The submission deadline is May 22, 2015.
- Nursing—a list of
outside scholarships compiled by the Nursing Program, Indiana State University.
- Paul W. Guy Memorial Scholarship—provides financial assistance to further the education and training of students in the field of human
resources management. Students must be residents of Indiana at the time of entry into the university and satisfy other
eligibility requirements. Application deadline is June 5, 2015.
- Phil Huffine Memorial Student Scholarship—two $1,000 scholarships for students who have
selected education that will lead to a career path in the field of wellness and/or health promotion. Students must be U.S. citizens, current residents of Indiana,
and satisfy other eligibility requirements. Application deadline is May 1, 2015.
- Point Foundation Scholarships—scholarships for LGBTQ students
- Scholarships.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Scholarships 360—daily scholarship features
- Scholarships for Women—information on scholarships for females, including
undergraduate and graduate students
- Tattoo Art Scholarship—awards for students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in graphic design or art.
Applicants must submit their best example of original tattoo art or art that could be used on tattoo-inspired clothing. Deadline is June 15,
- Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship—scholarships
available to students majoring in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or a related life science field. Deadline is July 27, 2015.
- Wabash Valley Community Foundation—information, deadlines, and application instructions for a variety of scholarships