In addition to scholarships offered by Indiana State University and the ISU Foundation, a variety of awards and scholarships are offered by outside sources, including
state, regional, and national organizations.
Listed below are resources that may be helpful in locating outside scholarships.
Students who have been awarded outside scholarships should follow these procedures for reporting outside scholarships to Indiana State University.
Scholarship Search Tools
Listed below are resources that may be helpful in locating and applying for outside scholarships. Before beginning a scholarship search, please
read this scam alert from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Buick Achievers Scholarship Program—scholarships for students who plan to
major in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, business administration, finance, marketing, or design—and have an interest in a career in automotive or related industries.
- CollegeBoard.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- College Answer—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- DutchCrafters Amish Furniture Heritage Scholarship. This scholarship recognizes undergraduate students
who draw upon their cultural heritage to shape their vocational aspirations, add creative value to their future employers,
and serve their communities. For the 2013-14 academic year, five students will be recognized with an award of $500 each.
This scholarship is open to incoming freshmen who were high school seniors in the fall of 2012, achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0,
and meet other eligibility requirements. The scholarship application deadline is May 1, 2013 for the 2013-14 academic year.
- Fastweb.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Finaid.org—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Golden Key is the world's premier collegiate honor society, recognizing outstanding
academic achievement and connecting high-achieving individuals locally, regionally, and globally with lifetime opportunity,
reward and success. Golden Key members may be eligible to compete for a number of scholarships.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund—scholarships for Latino students
- IN.gov—grants and scholarships offered by the State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana
- Kids' Chance of Indiana—scholarships for children of Indiana's fatally and seriously injured workers
- Media and Technology Blogging Scholarship:—a one-time $1,000 scholarship with a submission
deadline of June 1, 2013
- Nursing: A list of
outside scholarships compiled by the Nursing Program, Indiana State University.
- Scholarships.com—information, tips, and scholarship search tool
- Scholarships 360—daily scholarship features
Outside Scholarship Procedures
Follow these procedures when reporting an outside scholarship to the University.
- A student receiving an outside scholarship check should make two copies of the check, one for
the student's records and the other to be sent to Student Financial Aid. The check should be signed,
the student's ISU ID number (SID) should be written on the check and then mailed to the Office of the Controller,
Parsons Hall, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN 47809. A copy of the check should be mailed to the Office
of Student Financial Aid, 220 North 7th Street, Terre Haute,
- A student receiving an outside scholarship announcement should mail a copy of the announcement to the
Office of Student Financial Aid, 220 North 7th Street, Terre Haute, IN 47809
Last updated: 22 March 2013