In addition to scholarships offered by Indiana State University and the Indiana State University Foundation, a variety of awards and scholarships are offered by outside sources, including state, regional, and national organizations. Students who have been awarded outside scholarships should follow these procedures for reporting outside scholarships to Indiana State University.
Listed below are resources that may be helpful in locating and applying for outside scholarships.
- ACLS Scholarship for Healthcare Providers—a $1,000 scholarship to the author of the winning essay, and complimentary access to any of our courses for three runner-ups. Our courses include ACLS, BLS, PALS and monitor technician certification. The deadline is August 20, 2017.
- AffordableColleges.com—this website features scholarship opportunities for minority students at the high school and college level. There are many different scholarships for various amounts of grant money. The deadlines vary depending on the scholarship.
- Apriorit Computer Science Scholarship Program—Apriorit offers an educational technology grant for high school seniors and graduate students in the USA who have been enrolled at a college or university for a computer engineering or computer science program this year. The deadline is July 1, 2017.
- Catherine Elizabeth Grimes Memorial Scholarship—this scholarship benefits outstanding female student athletes at Terre Haute North Vigo High School who embody the spirit and determination with which Cathy lived her life. Application deadline is February 1, 2017.
- Charles Holt Scholarship offered by Indiana Wildlife Federation Endowment—a $1,000 scholarship awarded to one student. Applicants must be Indiana residents and already enrolled in the Fall 2017 semester as a full-time undergraduate as a sophomore or above in an accredited college or university. Applicants should be taking coursework to major or minor in a field related to resource conservation or environmental education. The deadline is June 15, 2017.
- Frances & Earl Perry Memorial Veterans Scholarship—a $5,000 scholarship for veterans and children of veterans. Scholarship funds may be used to assist with tuition, books, and related educational expenses at qualifying undergraduate institutions, and in the curriculum of their choice. The deadline is April 30, 2017.
- Indiana Latino Institute Scholarships—the Indiana Latina Institute awards about 20 needs-based scholarships to students who show academic excellence and community service involvement. Preference is given to applicants who are Latino first generation college students. Deadline is May 26, 2017. For further information and to apply, download this application.
- Indiana State Federal Credit Union Scholarships—two $8,000 scholarships to incoming freshmen at Indiana State University or Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. The stipend will assist with paying for tuition, books, and/or fees. Deadline is April 7, 2017.
- National CPR Association Scholarship—this scholarship program is open to all college students who are currently enrolled in a nationally accredited institution providing medical education. They simply have to submit an essay outlining a past experience with lifesaving techniques or how to use these techniques in a future lifesaving situation. The deadline is November 30, 2017.
- Open Education Database: African-American Grants–to help bridge funding gaps, the college planning experts at OEDB.org developed a list of scholarships and grants specifically for African-American students. This resource provides context for how students can best take advantage of available resources while offering a listing of 15 scholarship and grant opportunities.