In addition to scholarships offered by Indiana State University and the Indiana State University Foundation, a variety of awards and scholarships are offered by outside sources, including state, regional, and national organizations. Students who have been awarded outside scholarships should follow these procedures for reporting outside scholarships to Indiana State University.
Listed below are resources that may be helpful in locating and applying for outside scholarships.
- ACLS Scholarship for Healthcare Providers—a $1,000 scholarship to the author of the winning essay, and complimentary access to any of our courses for three runner-ups. Our courses include ACLS, BLS, PALS and monitor technician certification. The deadline is August 20, 2017.
- AffordableColleges.com—this website features scholarship opportunities for minority students at the high school and college level. There are many different scholarships for various amounts of grant money. The deadlines vary depending on the scholarship.
- Apriorit Computer Science Scholarship Program—Apriorit offers an educational technology grant for high school seniors and graduate students in the USA who have been enrolled at a college or university for a computer engineering or computer science program this year. The deadline is July 1, 2017.
- Catherine Elizabeth Grimes Memorial Scholarship—this scholarship benefits outstanding female student athletes at Terre Haute North Vigo High School who embody the spirit and determination with which Cathy lived her life. Application deadline is February 1, 2017.
- Indiana State Federal Credit Union Scholarships—two $8,000 scholarships to incoming freshmen at Indiana State University or Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. The stipend will assist with paying for tuition, books, and/or fees. Deadline is April 7, 2017.
- Indiana Latino Institute Scholarships—the Indiana Latina Institute awards about 20 needs-based scholarships to students who show academic excellence and community service involvement. Preference is given to applicants who are Latino first generation college students. Deadline is May 26, 2017. For further information and to apply, download this application.