- How do I sign up for a tutor?
Come to the first floor of Normal Hall and sign up.
- Is there online tutoring for distance education students?
Yes. Distance education students may sign up for online tutoring of any courses that are tutored in the Center.
--To request online tutoring, student should email ISU-CFSS-Tutors@mail.indstate.edu with their request.
--Provide the following information: subject, course number, section number, professor's first and last name.
- Does tutoring cost me anything?
Tutoring in the Center for Student Success is offered free of charge to ISU students.
- How many sessions do I attend?
Tutoring may be a single visit or recurring appointments.
- Is tutoring provided in one-on-one or group sessions?
A combination of one-on-one and group tutorial sessions are offered.
Expectations for Tutees
- Bring relevant textbooks, notes, laptops, or other course materials.
- Ask appropriate questions
- Prepare for your session by reading assigned materials from professors.
- Attend every class and take notes.
- When you arrive for your appointment, check in at the desk and swipe your ID. BRING YOUR ID TO EVERY SESSION.
- Check the screen to the left of the desk for the room location of your tutor.
Cancelling a Tutor Session
- In the event that you need to cancel a session, please call 812-237-2700 and let the receptionist know that you are cancelling a session.
- PLEASE NOTE - After 3 no-call, no-shows students are removed from the tutoring schedule.
Expectations for Tutors
Tutors are required to do the following:
- Give you their attention during the session.
- Provide suggestions to master the subject.
- Demonstrate processes through examples.
- Assist tutees in improving their study skills.
Tutors May Not:
- Do your homework or write on your papers.
- Provide answers on quizzes, assignments, or exams that will be graded.
- Act as your representative to any faculty member.