Each year, since 2008, the ISU
Staff Council awards the “Sycamore Staff Award” to
a Staff employee who contributes to
the overall mission and success of Indiana State University.
The Debbie Nelson Staff Council Spirit Award will recognize an outstanding Council member. This award was established in honor of Debbie Nelson, former chair of Staff Council and a key participant in creating the Staff Council at ISU, for her leadership and contributions to Staff Council.
|2014 Winner: Susie McNeely, Residential Life|
|2013 Winner: Angie Lansing, Athletics|
|2012 Winners (tie):
Pamela Chamberlain and Theresa Ortega
Event Specialist Rec Center
2011 - Martha Reed, Career Center
2010 - Debbie Woolard, Facilities Management
2009 - Alvin Stinnett
2008 - Roxanne Torrence, College of Arts and Science
1. Must be part-time or
full-time benefits eligible staff (excludes faculty & Students)
2. Employed at Indiana State University for at least one (1) year
3. If the person has one the this award previously, they are ineligible for a 3 year period following their win
4. Attitude - demonstrates an outstanding personal and professional interaction with co-workers, faculty, students, and visitors of ISU
5. Service - provides a continual demonstration of outstanding service in all their activities and responsibilities within their department, within the University community, and the Community at large
6. Engagement - provides outstanding resourcefulness, innovation, and creativity in all their activities and responsibilities within their department, within the University community, and the Community at large
7. Contribution - contributes to and supports the Council by their attitude, service, and engagement. (but does NOT have to be on the Council).
8. This award excludes current members of Staff Council.
The deadline for nominations is May 1, 2015.
PLEASE NOTE: Recent award winners not eligible this year are: Susie McNeely (2014), Angie Lansing (2013), Pam Chamberlain (2012), and Theresa Ortega (2012).
1. Current ISU Staff Council Representative
2. Shows great dedication to serving his or her fellow staff through committee work, leadership roles, or general membership.
3. Has gone above and beyond the responsibilities of Staff Council membership to serve members of the campus community and improve the experience of their constituents.
4. Shows active interest in both general meetings and committee assignments.