The administrative staff positions at ISU’s Office of Student Publications include the director of student publications, the assistant director of student publications and the business manager. These staff members provide continuity and support for Student Publications while assisting students with day-to-day operation of the news organization.
Responsibilities of the permanent staff include:
• Offering pre-publication advice/instruction and post-publication feedback on writing, editing, photography, graphic design, ad sales and customer service
• Teaching students use of computer hardware and software
• Providing and maintains physical facilities and equipment
• Overseeing departmental budgets
• Processing payroll information to facilitate issuance of paychecks
Just as specifically, the permanent staff does not make final decisions about content. Student Publications staff members mentor students to help them in developing honest, fair and accurate news. The role of staff is to mold, preserve and protect an ethical and educational environment in which students can practice and learn excellent communication and journalistic skills.
ISU Student Publications is a member of College Media Advisers and employs the CMA code of ethics guidelines in the operation of this organization. Please contact any of us if you have questions or concerns.
Director of Student Publications
Media Sales Consultant
Fax (all departments)