You are here
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
5:00 - 7:00 P.M.
Registration and Refreshments at 4:30 P.M.
MYERS TECHNOLOGY CENTER
ROOM 105 AND ATRIUM
The College of Technology hosts a bi-annual networking event for employers, students, and faculty/staff in collaboration with the ISU Career Center. This event is scheduled for the evening prior to the Career Fair and is intended for employers interested primarily in technology majors. Be sure to check out the video from a previous TECH Connections event for more details - LINK to video »
Registration 4:30-5:00 p.m. Refreshments available starting at 4:30 p.m.
Employer introductions 5:15-5:45 p.m. Networking 5:45-6:30 p.m.
Closing and raffle (must be present to win) 6:30-7:00 p.m.
Formal information sessions may be offered by employers who reserve space in advance -- see details below.
- LINK to Employer Registration Sign-in to your employer account on Sycamore Career Link to register. Go to Career Events > Search > type in Tech Connections.
- Due to space limitations each company is limited to TWO representatives. Be sure to indicate on the form if you are interested in specific majors in the College of Technology.
- Please take a moment to review the brief descriptions of each of our majors. LINK TO TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMS »
- Check-in opens at 4:30 p.m. on the east side of the Myers Technology Center. Refreshments will be available.
- Please plan to bring raffle prize(s) for the student drawing.
- Directions and parking: LINK to campus map You may park in the garage on the corner of 7th & Cherry Streets (#11 on the map). The Myers Technology Center (#40) is just ½ block west of the garage on the same side (north) of Cherry Street. You will enter the east door of the building to check-in at the employer table.
- Formal information sessions (reserve on employer registration form):
- Limited number of rooms are available for employers to reserve IN ADVANCE on a first come basis at $25 each
- Timeframe for information sessions: 7:15-8:15 p.m.
- Employers offering sessions will be promoted to students in advance and during the program.
- Employers are strongly encouraged to invite students during the TECH Connections event via flyers or conversation.
- STUDENT REGISTRATION LINK to Student Registration Sign-in to your portal and go to Sycamore Career Link > Events and Workshops. Scroll down to TECH Connections, open the link and select the button "Register for Event." Be sure to register for one of the networking workshops on the same form if you want to enhance your opportunity for success.
- Check-in opens at 4:30 p.m. on the 1st floor of the Myers Technology Center west of the elevator. Be sure to bring your student ID to check-in and receive a name badge. Also, bring your business cards -- no resumes tonight.
- Plan for a successful networking experience with 5 Steps to Success:
- Review the Career Center’s Networking Guide: LINKED HERE »
- Attend the FREE Networking workshop on Monday, September 11 at noon OR Tuesday, September 12 at 2:00 pm in TC 101E. Register for the workshop on the TECH Connections registration through the Career Center.
- Dress appropriately! For this evening event wear business casual attire (no old jeans, shorts, or tennis shoes)
- Review the list of employers attending prior to the event and learn a little about them, especially those you are most interested in meeting. The listing will be sent to all students who register to attend.
- Bring your personal business cards. Help will be provided for those attending the workshop on September 11 or 12. You can have some made very inexpensively on campus at Ricoh in HMSU. Resumes will not be accepted during this evening event. Here is a template built in MS Publisher that you may download and adapt to your personal contact information, also a link to options for printing your business cards:
Students please register to attend! Registered students will receive:
- Advance listing of employers planning to attend
- Pre-printed, professional nametag
- Assistance with business cards, if needed.
Faculty & Staff
- LINK to faculty and staff registration
- Encourage your students to register and attend this event. Documentation of attendance is available upon request for class credit.
- Check-in opens at 4:30 p.m. with an employer reception including refreshments in the Myers Technology Center Atrium.