home / clep
College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The University Testing Center administers CLEP exams, which enable students to demonstrate
college-level achievement and earn credit through exams. The proctoring fee for CLEP exams is $25.00, payable
to the University Testing Center prior to testing. A student ID, driver's license, passport, or military ID is
necessary to test and process payment.
For assistance or to schedule an exam, call the University Testing Office at 812-237-7666. Students must obtain
an academic advisor's approval prior to scheduling an exam. Students are responsible for designating
their scores be reported to ISU.
Guidelines for Credit
- Students must obtain their academic advisor's approval prior to registering for any examination to
ensure departmental standards are satisfied.
- Credit earned through the Credit by Exam Program may apply toward graduation or degree requirements or elective hours within individual programs.
- Students do not receive a grade for credit earned through the examinations.
- No credit is awarded in a general examination area if the student has completed two or more
college-level courses in that general examination area.
- No credit is awarded in a subject examination if the student has already earned college-level
credit in that subject area.
- Students cannot receive duplicate credit. Therefore, it is important for students to plan their
academic schedule with an academic advisor.
Last updated: February 13, 2013