home / math placement exam / faqs
Math Placement Exam: Frequently Asked Questions
- My log-in information is not working. What do I do?
Your user login is your 991 number (included in your admission acceptance letter) and your password is your birth date (mmddyyyy). Please be sure you are using two digits for the month (mm) and day (dd) while using four digits for year (yyyy). If the problem persists, please contact University Testing at (812) 237-7666. An Indiana State University representative will assist you.
- What are the computer requirements for accessing and completing the exam?
For details, visit computer requirements.
- For some reason, I was disconnected while taking the exam online. What do I do?
Check your Internet connection and log-in to the math placement exam Web site to continue at the point at which you were disconnected.
- What do I do when the images do not appear on my screen?
Your computer may not have the speed necessary to complete this exam online. Please complete the math placement exam in an ISU computer lab, your high school (if applicable), or your local library.
- I never received a 991 number. Where do I go to get one?
Please contact Admissions at 1-800-GO-TO-ISU or (812) 237-2121. An Indiana State University representative will assist you.
- The test won't load or I'm seeing a blank window when logged in to take the test.
Try a different web browser. Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome tend to work best when taking the Math Placement Exam.
- What do I do if I have special needs?
If you are a student with a documented disability who is requesting an accommodation, please contact Student Support Services at (812) 237-7920.
- I am having other difficulties. What should I do?
Please contact University Testing at (812) 237-7666. An Indiana State University representative will assist you.
Last updated: July 3, 2013