The Purpose of the University College is to Help First-year Students to Succeed by
- Instilling in first-year students a sense of personal responsibility for and commitment to their academic success
- Promoting professional excellence and accountability on the part of staff, faculty and administrators
- Providing first-year students with access to high quality and transitional academic advising
- Partnering with the Foundational Studies Council, as well as Academic Colleges, to provide high quality instruction for first-year students, centered on student learning, developmental scaffolding, and the challenge and rigor appropriate for the first year of college
- Collaborating with campus divisions and units to build a responsive and developmentally appropriate network of assistance for first-year students
The University College will support first-year students through the promotion of high quality advising and instruction and by collaboration with campus units responsible for student success.
Normal Hall - Room 207