You are here
The mission of the African-American Alumni Council is to assist the University with the recruitment and retention of African-American students; support the professional and personal development of African-American alumni through networking and mentoring; and promote a stronger sense of community and mutual support. The AAAC fulfills this mission through the following programming initiatives:
- Provide a platform for presentation of concerns pertaining to education and requests for services benefiting African-American students and alumni.
- Develop a wider acquaintance and fellowship among members of the AAAC.
- Develop networking opportunities, both socially and professionally, for Indiana State University African-American alumni.
- Develop an informational resource which communicates campus minority programming, activities, and scholarship opportunities to be disseminated to all constituents.
- Promote African-American alumni engagement with prospective and current students; provide ongoing mentorship and internship opportunities.
- Develop a plan to increase retention of African- American students through designated scholarships, summer programs and alumni connections to internships or other appropriate programs.
- Promote a positive multicultural atmosphere which reflects and enhances Indiana State University
- Encourage unity, engagement, and philanthropy among Indiana State University African-American alumni.