The following parking and vehicle traffic restrictions will be necessary to accommodate the 2017 Homecoming Parade.
On-street parking on campus will be PROHIBITED effective 11:59 p.m., Friday, October 20, 2017on the following streets:
- Fifth Street from Cherry Street to Tippecanoe Street
- Ninth Street from Cherry Street to Tippecanoe Street
- Cherry Street from Fifth Street to Ninth Street
- Chestnut Street from Fourth Street to Fifth Street
Off-campus parking will be prohibited on Wabash Avenue from Fifth Street to Ninth Street.
The listed parking lots east of Seventh Street will be CLOSED effective 11:59 p.m., Friday, October 20, 2017:
- Student/Staff Lots D, M, R; Remote Lots D Extension, Q
- Student Permit Lots 20, 22
- Staff Permit Lot R/15
- University Hall Clinic Lot
The parade will begin at 9 a.m. While the parade is in progress, the following streets will be closed to all traffic:
- Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, and Ninth Streets from Wabash Street north to Tippecanoe Street.
- Larry Bird Avenue, Eagle, Chestnut, Cherry, Sycamore, Spruce, and Tippecanoe Streets from Fifth Street to Ninth Street.
Please make certain your vehicle is not parked in any of the restricted areas. Vehicles remaining in the restricted/closed areas after 11:59 p.m. on Friday, October 20 will be towed at the owner’s expense. Please inform your Homecoming guests of these parking restrictions.