Student Commencement Information
Congratulations, you're graduating! What's next for you?
Share your plans with us through the Indiana State University First Destination Survey
Whatever your post-graduation plans are, sharing them with us helps us understand more about you, what your current and future needs might be, and how we can help you succeed now and after graduation. Want more information or help with your post-graduation plans? Contact the Career Center at (812) 237-5000 if you would like assistance with your job search, or email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Take the next step to post-graduation success and share your plans with us here:
Caps, Gowns, and Other Graduation Accessories
Academic apparel is purchased and kept by the graduating senior as a souvenir item. Information regarding other graduation accessories (announcement, rings, diploma frames) will be available at the ISU Bookstore through the day of commencement.
To preorder caps and gowns please call the ISU Bookstore at (812) 232-2665.
Issues of Decorum
The Commencement ceremony is a formal recognition to honor the Sycamores graduating*. Please be respectful at the ceremony and review these reminders:
· Hulman Center doors open two hours prior to the ceremony.
· Graduates shall line up 45 minutes before the ceremony in the designated areas of the lower level at Hulman Center. Graduates are to bring their name card and commencement regalia (cap, gown, etc.) to the ceremony.
· The procession of graduates begins approximately 15 minutes prior to ceremony.
· The ceremony lasts approximately two hours.
· Hulman Center ushers can assist in an emergency and answer other questions. Ushers are located in the concourse.
· Please be considerate of others in order for everyone to hear and see their graduates walk across the stage.
· Please stay for the entire ceremony. Leaving before the end of the ceremony causes disruption to those families whose candidates have not yet been recognized.
· Silence phones during the ceremony. If a call needs to be taken, please use the concourse.
· Signage is prohibited during the ceremony.
· Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at the ceremony.
The doors to Hulman Center will open two hours prior to the start of the ceremony on December 15, 2018.
The west side of Hulman Center features a handicap entrance. Spaces are available in Hulman Center for wheelchairs and/or guests with special needs. Call Hulman Center (812) 237-3770, for the location of this area. A signer will be present for the hearing impaired.
Parking will be available in Lots 15, 22, C, D, G and M. Parking will also be available in the parking garage on the west side of Hulman Center.
Handicap parking is available in the Pavilion Lot (accessible from 7th Street and Larry Bird) and on Eagle Street between 8th and 9th Streets. (A campus parking map can be found here http://www2.indstate.edu/parking/docs/2016-17-campus-map.pdf)
Contact Traffic & Parking Services at (812) 237-8888 for more information.
A photographer from GradImages will be available at 10:00 a.m. December 15, 2018 in the Heritage Lounge in Tirey Hall to take individual pictures of graduates and/or graduates and families. A photographer will take two candid pictures of each graduate during the commencement ceremony.
In an effort to inform the graduates and parents about photos at the upcoming ceremony, GradImages has developed a great new preregistration system which allows the graduates and/or their parents to provide their email and mailing address information to GradImages prior to the ceremony. You can also add up to six family members' contact information as well to help share the good news and the photos!
Graduates can preregister their email, friends, and family email addresses and GradImages will contact them just as soon as their photos are available for online viewing and ordering. Contact GradImages at (800) 261-2576 for more information click here.
Students requiring special assistance at commencement should contact Rita Worrall at (812) 237-2300.
The Office of Registration and Records staff will be available from 10 - 10:30 a.m. in the Tilson Auditorium on commencement day to answer any questions you might have concerning commencement.
Candidates for Degrees
Undergraduate degree questions may be directed to the Office of Registration and Records, (812) 237-2020 or ISU-ORR@mail.indstate.edu. Graduate degree questions may be directed to the College of Graduate and Professional Studies at (812) 237-3089.
Rankin Hall 200
Indiana State University
Fax: (812) 237-3607