You are here
Faculty Activity Database (FAD)
HOW TO ACCESS FAD:
Login to the Portal, click on “MyISU Apps” and select the Faculty Activity Database. This will automatically log you into the software.
How to update your Public Web Profile in FAD:
Course Ratings Results in FAD (January 2023):
As you have seen, the new system appears to have garnered a much higher response rate across campus for course ratings. The first 8 week period garnered a 67% return rate, and the end of the semester ratings had a 64% return rate.
We were able to upload about 2/3 of the course ratings from the system into FAD. There are 2 places where the reports can be located in FAD now. If you personally have to or want to upload your course ratings, you will upload the file to where it says Student Evaluation. This is where they have always gone when you upload them yourself.
If the system was able to auto-upload it, the file will show up further down the screen where it says Evaluation File.
If you have changed the course code in Canvas of your course from a code of PREFIXCOURSENUMBER-SECTIONNUMBERTERM (e.g. CIMT899-301Fall2022) to something else, the auto upload will not work and you will need to manually upload your reports.
There is no need to upload them both places; however, because you can download different types of reports, you could upload a different report if you wanted. We will be modifying all of the FAD generated reports for annual reviews to ensure that they pull the reports from BOTH places.
The standard report is also just one of many report options you can upload. If you choose to have a different one, you will need to delete the one uploaded and upload a different one.
Faculty, Chairs, and Deans can also generate a number of different reports and build their own. Here are some resources to help with reports:
Additional CES resources:
- Directions for Creating Custom Questions in CES.pdf
- Manage Courses and Instructors
- Student Survey View
- Instructor Role - Articles
- Directions to Opt Out Classes and Instructors.pdf
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO CREATE A NIH OR NSF BIOSKETCH IN FAD
- In FAD, click the Biographical Sketch link under Scholarship and Research Activities:
- Once you click the link, you'll be on the Biographical Sketch screen. On this screen, click Add New (the blue button at the top):
- On the Edit Biographical Sketch, click the drop down and select NIH, NSF, or NIH and NSF:
- Then, populate the fields requested on the form and click Save (at the top of the page). Once you have populated all the fields, run the NIH or NSF Biographical sketch report, entries should appear in the report.
FAD FACULTY GUIDES
Calendar of Key Activities 2022-23.xlsx - this spreadsheet has the dates for faculty reviews, curriculum, committees, and more.
- Link to Base Screens - this link will give you an overview of the basic screens in FAD. ISU has added some additional data elements, so they are not always an exact match.
- Definitions for High Impact Practices from AAC&U
- Definitions of Career Readiness by NACE
- Suggested FAD Categories to Update or Check (pdf)
Rankin Hall 200
Indiana State University
Fax: (812) 237-3607