The Theodore Dreiser Distinguished Research/Creativity Award
The Theodore Dreiser Distinguished Research/Creativity Award is the University’s recognition of faculty members who have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of knowledge.
- Any tenured or tenure-track full-time faculty member may nominate himself/herself. Faculty, department chairpersons, and deans are encouraged to nominate faculty colleagues.
- Faculty members who have received an award will be ineligible for consideration again for a four-year period.
- The Theodore Dreiser Distinguished Research/Creativity Award Selection Committee, selected by the university president and chaired by the non-voting dean of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, will make the selection of the four Theodore Dreiser Distinguished Research/Creativity Award winners.
- A minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) awards may be presented at the spring commencement ceremony.
- Research/creativity other than that completed to satisfy advanced degree requirements.
- Research/creativity substantially completed while the candidate was a tenured or tenure-track full-time member of the Indiana State University faculty.
- Research/creativity representing a single major contribution completed within four (4) years immediately prior to application, or outstanding contributions that have characterized one’s professional life.
- Research/creativity which represents a contribution of national significance to a candidate’s field of specialization.
Rankin Hall 200
Indiana State University
Fax: (812) 237-3607