X. Global Perspectives and Cultural Diversity
- Develop a basic understanding of one’s culture in comparison to another culture or language, and
- Use multiple lenses such as race and ethnicity, gender, social class, regional culture, and religion to evaluate one’s culture in comparison to those studied, and
- Critically examine issues of cultural differences, societal values and relationships, and evaluate one’s own culture and value systems through comparison and contrast to the target language or culture, and
- Use the target language or culture in developing an understanding of the world today.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills.
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills.
- Include a graded writing component, which whenever possible is developmental.
Foundational Studies Approved Courses syllabi