XII. Upper-Division Integrative Electives
- Use a thematic approach to a particular topic or issue that integrates multiple ways of knowing.
- Engage in a project or conduct research that makes use of multiple ways of knowing to address a particular topic or issue.
- Analyze and write at an advanced level.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills.
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills.
- Include a graded writing component, which whenever possible is developmental.
- Must incorporate opportunities for students to critically read and analyze sophisticated, complex text, and to write intensively.
- Must include assignments that apply information from within and across various "ways of knowing".
Foundational Studies Approved Courses syllabi