IV. Non-native Languages
- Demonstrate understanding and/or expression of meaning through listening, speaking, reading, and writing using appropriate grammar and vocabulary.
- Critically examine issues of cultural differences, societal values and relationships, and evaluate one’s own culture and value systems through comparison and contrast to the target language and culture.
- Develop a basic understanding of another language and its cultures, and
- Use the target language in developing an understanding of the world today.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills.
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills.
- Include a graded writing component, which whenever possible is developmental.
Foundational Studies Approved Courses syllabi