XIII. High-Impact Practice Experience
Category effective fall 2022
An upper-division, credit-based experience from these categories: for example, but not limited to, undergraduate research, community engagement, service learning, internship, practicum, clinical or study abroad.
- Integrate and apply multiple (foundational studies and disciplinary) ways of knowing to address a particular topic or issue.
- Adapt and apply skills, knowledge, experience and ethical reasoning gained in one situation to new situations/projects to solve difficult problems or explore complex issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively across or within a different cultural or disciplinary community context.
Skill Applied Learning Requirements
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop critical thinking skills
- Explicitly demonstrate how the curriculum will develop information literacy skills
- Demonstrate how the curriculum will give students the opportunity to apply what they are learning to real world scenarios (be they through applied experiences or in-depth research)
- Demonstrate how the curriculum will require a written student reflection
- Demonstrate how the curriculum will give students the opportunity to identify and solve problems
- All internship and practical experiences must be in compliance with University policy (following the ISU Internship Handbook).