You are here
Honors students who are completing the Honors in the Major and/or Foundational Studies elective concentration may choose to convert classes for Honors credit. Honors Conversion entails a contract between an individual student, an instructor, and the Honors College to determine a suitable enhancement to course content that justifies Honors credit for that class. For example, a student enrolled in ENG 339 - Women’s Poetry might convert that class to ENG 339 - Hon: Women's Poetry through the addition of an assignment(s) or project(s) that raise the level of challenge of the course.
Please follow these instructions to convert a class to Honors:
- The student should decide which course to convert.
- The student should contact and meet with the professor to discuss a possible Honors component of the course.
- A brief statement should be prepared discussing the Honors project the student will be doing, the assignments involved in the project, and the criteria for evaluation upon which the student and the professor have agreed.
- Complete the Honors Conversion form and obtain the necessary signatures. Completed forms should be submitted to the Honors College office.
Honors Conversion Form (PDF)
Honors Conversion Form (PDF - Adobe Digital Signatures)
Honors Conversion Form (Word Document)
Submitting Honors Conversion Forms
Fall 2023 conversion forms were due by Friday, September 22.
Conversion forms must be typed, signed by the student and instructor, and will not be processed without a description of the Honors component and the evaluation criteria.
- Paper copies of Honors conversion forms may be submitted to the Honors College office in Pickerl Hall 110.
- Forms that have been scanned or digitally signed may be submitted online. The form submission link will be available again at the start of the Spring 2023 semester.
Information for Faculty
Please contact the Honors College at 812-237-3225 with any questions.
Greg Bierly, Dean
Pickerl Hall 110
Indiana State University
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM