Why Join Honors?
The Honors College curriculum is core of classes and experiences designed to enrich and maximize your education. As a talented and motivated student in the Honors College, you will participate in a core of small and powerful classes, taught by faculty specifically selected for their expertise and devotion to academic excellence. The Honors Dean and faculty work closely with each student to design a program of study that enhances her/his academic major and provides the best possible preparation for professional development and advanced study. The benefits of being an Honors student are many:
- Small, dynamic classrooms with peers that are seeking the same level of depth in their education as you.
- Supportive faculty mentors that will work hard to stimulate your curiosity, expand your understanding of the world, and help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Interdisciplinary Honors courses that feature various and exciting perspectives on world events, culture, and history
- High-powered experiential learning, including undergraduate research, internships, special seminars, and projects
- Scholarly travel opportunities, including international studies in exciting locales such as Paris, Rome and Segovia
- Field experiences in the U.S. to historic landmarks, museums and cultural events
- Special assistance with scholarships and job opportunities in your major
- Priority registration and Honors housing
- Upon completion of the curriculum you will be recognized at a formal reception and at graduation, where your transcript, diploma, and academic apparel will publicly acknowledge your academic achievements
Greg Bierly, Dean
Pickerl Hall 110
Indiana State University
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM