You are here
GH 401 Research Presentations
Spring 2021 GH 401 students recorded 5-minute research presentations, which will be available to watch until Monday, May 3. The information listed below includes each student's name, major(s), and thesis title with a linked presentation.
- Aria N. Ahmer; English: From Allusion to Delusion: The Power of Classical Literature in You by Caroline Kepnes
- Julia Aramowicz; Dietetics: Fad Diets vs. Optimal Diets
- Elizabeth Beeman; Mathematics Teaching: Natural Family Planning for the Average Joe & Jane: The Validity of Natural Family Planning Method for the American Middle Class
- Emma Behrens; Elementary Education: Students Need a Voice: Support and Accommodations for Students with Asperger Syndrome
- Kayla Bennett; Computer Science: TFBS-Mutator: A New Computational Tool for Characterizing Transcription Factor Activity
- Samuel Bibat; Criminology, Psychology: Online vs. Face-to-Face Social Interactions
- Grace Birmingham; Baccalaureate Nursing: Medication Administration Errors: Prevalence in Nursing
- Montana Boatman; Biology-Medical Laboratory Science Specialization: Once Upon a Bomb Shelter: Disney and the Cold War
- Emma Bonham; Communication Sciences and Disorders: Right Hemisphere Damage: An Examination of the Pragmatic Deficits
- Autumn Bontrager; Social Work: Domestic Violence and the Effects of Attachment
- Anne Bowen; Insurance & Risk Management, Financial Services: Higher Education Graduation Rates: Problems, Solutions, & History
- Delaney Brown; Architectural Engineering Technology: From Earthlings to Martians: What Needs to be Done to Build a Permanent Colony on the Martian Surface
- Cailynn Browne; Elementary Education: Social and Emotional Health and Student Academia
- Macy Broyles; Biology: Organic Food Versus Conventional: Is There a Measurable Benefit?
- Gabriele Burkhart; Finance: Positively Powerful: The Effect of Positive Thinking on Sales
- Samuel A. Cannarella; Criminology: Officers Vs. Enlisted: The History of The United States Armed Forces
- Keleigh Chambers; Finance: The Complications of China’s One Child Policy: How it Affected China’s Future
- Michelle Chew; Accounting, Finance: The Sarbanes-Oxley Act: A Proactive Response to a Failing System or a Reaction to Corrupt Businesses?
- Brett Chudina; Criminology and Criminal Justice, Psychology: Policy Implementation to Reduce Instances of Police Brutality and Systemic Racism in American Policing
- Grant Clady; Insurance & Risk Management, Financial Services: Wildlife Conservation: Funding, Benefits, and a Comparison of DNR Programs
- Jacqueline Cobb; Criminology and Criminal Justice: Impacts of the Opioid Crisis
- Aubree Cole; Communication Sciences and Disorders: Childhood Apraxia of Speech: An Overview of the Cause, Language and Social Development, Therapy, and Family Support
- Katelyn Cook; Sport Management & Marketing: The Impact of Caffeine: A Review
- Miranda Cooley; Elementary Education: Inclusion: From the General Educator’s Perspective
- Lydia Coons; Baccalaureate Nursing: Misconceptions of Vaccines: Creating Mistrust of Medical Professions in the United States
- Megan Cox; Communication-Public Relations: The Future of Public Relations: How Social Media has Changed the Ethical Responsibility and Public Relations Profession
- Claudia Cozadd; Biology: Spirituality in the Soil: The History and Evolution of the Regenerative Agriculture Movement
- Kelsey Cronin; Criminology: The Correlation: Environmental Factors and Criminality
- Kaitlyn Davis; Applied Medicine and Rehabilitation: Dry Needling and the Benefits in Neurological Patients
- Brendan Dawkins; Aviation Management, Unmanned Systems: The Argument for Electric Transportation
- Peyton Donahue; Baccalaureate Nursing: Creating a Therapeutic Hospital Experience for Pediatric Patients
- Meredith Fenimore; Elementary Education, Special Education: Social Media and Technology: The Impact on Grade School Literacy and Speech Development
- Molly Fogarty; Biology: The Effects and Adaptations of Exercise on the Heart and Lungs in Endurance Athletes
- Jackson Gambrill; Marketing: Making Deals in Demographics: An Exploration on how Demographic Differences Affect a Business Deal
- Lucy Gay; Psychology, Spanish: Social Justice Issues in Animated Disney Movies
- Kristen Gerau; Geology, Geography & Sustainability: Sustainability in the Tourism Industry
- Alexis Grider; Anthropology, Geography and Sustainability: The Environmental Impacts of Residential Living: Alternative Solutions
- Kaitlyn Hankins; Baccalaureate Nursing: Under Pressure: The Prevention of Medical Device Related Pressure Injuries
- Alaina Harter; Elementary Education: How Many Likes Are You Worth: Social Media's Impact on Mental Health
- Kathryn Higginbotham; Communication-Media Studies: Final Girls and Phallic Symbols: The Role of Women in Early American Slasher Films
- Taylor Hooton; Elementary Education: Successes and Challenges of Implementing Mastery Learning
- Gracie Horvath; Applied Medicine and Rehabilitation: What is the Relationship between Intermittent Fasting and Metabolism?
- Ashlyn Householder; Baccalaureate Nursing: Underlying Culture of Violence in the Nursing Profession
- Jill Hunter, Mathematics Education: Should Personal Finance Be Taught in High Schools?
- Griffin Johnson; General Studies: Teenage Life Crisis: How Does Social Media Affect Teenage Mental Health?
- Matthew Johnson; Psychology: Words, Stories, and Memories: Differences in Memory Retention Rate between Evolutionary Bases Strategies
- Ellei Kay; Insurance & Risk Management: Advancements in Insurance Technology and Their Effects on the Insurance Industry
- Wyatt Keller; Mechanical Engineering Technology: The Men Who Molded Steel with Fire
- Breeze Keppy; Baccalaureate Nursing: COVID-19 Pandemic Impact on Individuals with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Addie Kittle; Finance: Feeling the Impact: How Sports Can Negatively Affect Athlete Mental Health
- David Kluender; Safety Management: Occupational Health of American Volunteer Firefighters
- Logan Kreisher; Computer Science: The Future of Ethical Artificial Intelligence
- Allyson LaFon; Social Work: Social Work and Education for the Blind
- Aubrey Lankford; Applied Medicine: The Long-Term Effects of Oral Contraceptives on Fertility
- Louisa Lara; Anthropology, History: A Historical Analysis of the Ancestral Pueblo and Navajo: The Impact of Colonialism within Aesthetic Culture
- Chase Lawhorn; Cybercriminology: Assault on Democracy: A Detailed Analysis of the U.S. Insurrection on January 6, 2021
- Alyssa Litmer; Communication Sciences and Disorders: Treating Fragile X Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Metformin, Mavoglurant, and Cannabidiol
- Douglas T. Lloyd; Business Management: Human Resource Management: How Covid-19 is Influencing the Shift in Traditional Human Resource Function
- Rachel Luft; Special Education, Elementary Education: Inclusive Education: The Impact of Teaching Strategies and Classroom Management on Students with Emotional Behavioral Disorders
- Caitie Mansker; Biology: The Role that CASTOR Transcription Factor Plays in Cardiogenesis in the Fruit Fly
- Abby Markowski; Marketing: New Era of Marketing: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Rebecca Marquez; Operations and Supply Chain Management: Artificial Intelligence and Employee Selection: Testing the Efficacy of AI on the Basis of Discrimination
- Sabrina Martinez; Elementary Education: Trauma in Education: The Effects of Trauma and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sydney Grace Meyer; Political Science - Legal Studies: U.S. Criminal Sentencing Trends: An Analysis of Racial Disparities in Male Offenders
- Emily Miller; Criminology & Criminal Justice, Biology: Positives & Negatives of Media in the Criminal Justice System
- Lindsey Moore; Applied Medicine: Preventing and Treating Workplace Injuries: Utilizing On-Site Physical Therapy in Industrial Settings
- Emma Morguson; Elementary Education: Mathematical Stigma: An Examination of the Various Sources and Consequences of Negative Attitudes Towards Mathematics
- Katherine Munoz; General Studies: The Thread Weaving Space and Emotion: Investigating the Relationship Between Physical Space and Human Emotion
- Royale Myers; Elementary Education: Bullying in Schools and What Educators Should Do About It
- Rian Nealon; Criminology & Legal Studies: White-Collar Crime Marginalization: The Misuse of Time and Resources
- Marcella Nonte; Chemistry: A New Take on an Old Battery, Thermally Regenerative Electrochemical Cycles
- Victor Oetjen; Psychology: Talk to Me: A Study of Conversational Value on Group Happiness
- Ripun Patel; Baccalaureate Nursing: Continuous Glucose Monitoring: Management of Type 1 Diabetes
- Taylor Pierce; Intelligence Analysis: Recent Trends of Sexual Assault in the U.S. Military: Exploring the Preventative Strategies
- Kimbra Pinnell; Criminology and Criminal Justice: Women in Refrigerators: The Cold Truth of Female Stereotypes in Media
- Autumn Prast; Social Work: Maladaptive Daydreaming Disorder: Validity of its Origin
- Ethan Radcliff; Aviation Management, Unmanned Systems: Threats Reimagined: The Threat of Unmanned Systems to the National Security of the United States
- CasaDee Reifsteck; Elementary Education: Wounded and Healed: Childhood Trauma
- Jackson Sample; Criminology and Criminal Justice, Intelligence Analysis: Effectiveness of Campus Police Forces
- Madeline Schuck; Chemistry: Memory: Hemochromatosis and the Correlation to Cognitive Impairment
- Madison Sermersheim; Baccalaureate Nursing: Unexplained Symptoms in the ER
- Carleigh Shrader; Baccalaureate Nursing: Is Euthanasia Right or Wrong? Studying the Morals, Ethics, and Justification behind the Practice and Legalization of Euthanasia
- Hannah Shrieves; Elementary Education: Childhood Trauma and the Effects on Children Long-Term
- Michael Smith; Marketing Management: Salesforce Turnover: The Why’s, Who’s, and How’s
- Ashley Snider; Criminology & Criminal Justice: Elder Abuse: The "Hidden Crime"
- Nia Spiller; Professional Aviation Flight Technology; Aviation Management: An Analysis of COVID-19's Effect on the Air Travel Industry: In Comparison to the Great Recession and the September 11th Terrorist Attacks
- Stephen St. John; Pre-Med, Exercise Science: The Future of Medicine Using Gene Therapy
- Cameron Stice; Psychology: The Lavender Scare: The Start of a Nationwide Revolution for LGBTQ+ Rights
- Gracyn Switzer; Elementary Education: The Effects of Foster Care on Students
- Hayley Thompson; Public Health: Preventative Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease: The Silent Killer
- Kacey Titzer; Biology: The Influence of Religion and Spirituality on Prenatal Genetic Testing
- Seraphina Tucker; Middle School Science Education: Effective Learning Environments: A Literary Analysis of the Impact Indoor Nature has on Student Academic Performance and Cognitive Abilities
- Dalton Veach; Social Studies Education: Is Income Inequality a Worldwide Issue?
- Michael Wheeler; Architectural Engineering Technology: Tiny Homes: Greenwashing or Actually Sustainable?
- Abigail Wilson; Health Sciences: Food Systems in the United States: Diet and Intergenerational Poverty
- Matt Wilson; English Teaching: Romeo and Juliet: A Look into the Play's Modernization and Role in Education
- Morgan Worrell; Speech-Language Pathology: How Speech Related Diseases and their Treatments Can Affect a Person's Speech and Language
- Hannah Zeier; Safety Management: Green Initiatives and Renewable Energy Investments for Energy Efficiency and a Low-Carbon United States Economy
The Honors College would like to thank the individuals and campus units that take time to work with Honors students to aid them in the successful completion of the GH 401 research course.
Thank you to Marsha Miller, Research and Instruction Librarian and GH 401 Liaison, for all of your assistance this semester in conducting trainings and connecting Honors students to resources.
Thank you to the entire Cunningham Memorial Library Research and Instruction team for meeting with GH 401 students throughout the semester to assist with their research.
Many GH 401 students worked with faculty and staff mentors to complete their research during the Spring 2021 semester. We want to thank these mentors for assisting students with their GH 401 thesis.
We also appreciate the assistance and support of Robin Voll and her team at the Writing Center.
Thank you, everyone!
Greg Bierly, Dean
Pickerl Hall 110
Indiana State University
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM