You are here
Anne Bauer Jackson, M.D. Memorial Honors Book Scholarship
The Anne Bauer Jackson, M.D. Memorial Honors Book Scholarship was established in 1995 to honor the life and work of Dr. Jackson.
This scholarship was established in memory of Anne Bauer Jackson, M.D. by members of her family. Dr. Jackson, a native of Terre Haute, Indiana, attended Indiana State University; and earned the B.A. and M.A. in French, an M.S. in Microbiology, and M.D. degrees at Indiana University; with a specialty in neurology at the University of New Mexico.
Dr. Jackson practiced medicine at Albuquerque and Farmington, New Mexico; Silverton, Colorado; and Indianapolis, Indiana. She died at the age of 39. Because of her exceptional talents in the arts, deep interest in foreign languages and cultures, and skills acquired in medicine, this book scholarship signified by active participation in the University Honors Program, and thus this scholarship is intended to provide aid and encouragement to those like-minded students.
- Preference will be given to students who have earned a minimum of 30 semester hours with a (minimum of 12 hours of Honors at ISU) with a GPA of 3.5 or higher over-all and in Honors course work.
- Financial need may be a determining factor when competition exceeds available scholarship funding.
- Preference will be given to those who meet the announced deadline for application.
Obligation for Award Recipients
- Students will be expected to submit a written essay to report on the benefit they derived from the scholarship and submit it to the University Honors Program Office.
- Commitment to service (for example, to work with the Office of University Honors Program to promote the need for extensive reading to aid in the development of one’s career goals).
Apply for the Anne Bauer Jackson, M.D. Memorial Honors Book Scholarship online at https://indstate.academicworks.com/.
Greg Bierly, Dean
Pickerl Hall 110
Indiana State University
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM