The online master of science (M.S.) in biology (without thesis) is open to eligible students in the U.S. (including the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories). The program also is open to students in Canada (all provinces). The program is closed to students residing in countries other than the U.S. and Canada except for U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Have an overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale with an undergraduate major in biology or its equivalent including coursework in mathematics through calculus or statistics, one year of physics, and chemistry through organic. Applicants with deficiencies may be granted conditional admission.
- Have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale if entering with advanced standing.
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae Application Form.
- Submit official scores for the General Tests of the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). Scores should be near or above the fiftieth percentile on quantitative and verbal sections, and 4.0 for the analytical writing section.
- Submit three letters of recommendation. Letter writers should be clearly qualified to comment on the applicant’s academic performance, scientific knowledge, and likelihood of success in graduate school.
Note: International students must submit official TOEFL (code 1322), IELTS, Interlink, or ELS scores (unless exempt) must be sent directly from testing center to Indiana State University. For details on exemptions and required scores, see Meeting English Language Requirement.