Communication Leadership Graduate Certificate
The University’s online Communication Leadership Graduate Certificate Program is designed for working professionals as well as individuals completing a master of arts in communication. The program is ideal for individuals who wish to obtain abilities essential for advanced leadership roles in virtually every sector, including business, education, government, and non-profit organizations.
- The Communication Leadership Graduate Certificate Program is a 15-credit-hour program that can be completed entirely online. Individuals have the option of completing the certificate or enrolling in one (or more) courses. The certificate can be completed in three to four semesters (excluding summer terms). Coursework from other colleges and universities does not count toward completion of the program.
- Coursework includes five courses in the areas of organizational communication, research/creativity, cross-cultural communication, and persuasion theory and practice. Coursework can be applied toward completion of the University’s Communication MA Program.
- Students in the program will learn, apply, and enhance communication theories and concepts specifically related to leadership roles and strategies. Application of concepts include relevant settings for students, focused on professional, personal, and civic environments. A key focus includes applying communication theory to effectively manage the varying degrees of change for organizations. Students will construct understandings of leadership through various communication focus areas, including: persuasion, research, organizational communication, and cross-cultural communication.
- Upon successful completion of the program requirements, students are awarded a certificate.
- This certificate program is open to eligible students in the U.S. (including the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories). The program also is open to students in Canada (all provinces). The program is closed to students residing in countries other than the U.S. and Canada except for U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
Selected courses in this certificate program are offered asynchronously with no set meeting dates or times. Other courses are only offered synchronously. Dates and times for these courses are listed in the class schedule.
Financial Aid & Assistance
Graduate students may be eligible for federal student loans if they are admitted into graduate degrees (or first-time teacher certification programs) and meet other eligibility requirements. Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid. Private alternative loans can help students pay college expenses that may not be covered by federal loan programs or other financial aid. For more information, visit financial aid.
In addition, students may be eligible for payment plans and veterans benefits.
For further information and assistance, contact:
The Graduate Catalog and Undergraduate Catalog of Indiana State University are the documents of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalogs supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.