Safety Management Graduate Certificate
Indiana State University offers an online safety management graduate certificate for graduate students who want to study and apply the principles of workplace safety and U.S. governments regulations for occupational safety in their professional careers. This program is open ONLY to students enrolled in graduate degree programs (except for occupational safety management) at Indiana State University.
- This online program includes a group of four courses (12 credits combined) representing fundamental principles and concepts of the accident prevention theory and application of safety management.
- Courses include organizational and legislative aspects of health and safety, methods available for improving workplace health and safety through effective communication, and human factors and ergonomics to maintain accident protection. Methods and techniques give guidelines to development occupational safety programs.
- In some instances, coursework in this certificate program may be used to partially satisfy requirements in the student's graduate degree program. Students must consult with their advisors to plan a program of study and ensure program requirements are satisfied.
- The certificate will be awarded only to students who have completed all requirements for their major graduate degree programs as well as the Safety Management Certificate Program.
This program is open to eligible in-state and many out-of-state applicants. The program is closed to students residing in countries other than Canada and the United States (including U.S. Territories). The exceptions are U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- The student must be enrolled in a graduate degree program at Indiana State University.
- The student must consult with his or her academic advisor to plan a program of study and ensure program requirements are satisfied.
Financial Aid & Assistance
Graduate students may be eligible for federal student loans if they are admitted into graduate degrees (or first-time teacher certification programs) and meet other eligibility requirements. Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid. Private alternative loans can help students pay college expenses that may not be covered by federal loan programs or other financial aid. For more information, visit financial aid.
In addition, students may be eligible for payment plans and veterans benefits.
*Application fees are currently waived for the Virtual Instruction Graduate Certificate*
For further information and assistance, contact:
The Graduate Catalog and Undergraduate Catalog of Indiana State University are the documents of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalogs supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.