The online TESL/TEFL Graduate Certificate Program is open to eligible students in the U.S. (including the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories). The program is closed to students residing in countries other than the U.S. except for U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree granted by a regionally accredited institution (for international students, a degree granted by a recognized institution)
- Have earned one of the following:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7 in all undergraduate course work
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in the applicant's major field of study
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in all courses taken at the graduate level
- Submit a resume including academic and work experience.
- Submit a statement of purpose explaining why he/she is interested in pursuing graduate work in the department.
- Provide a list of three professional or academic references including name, contact information, and relationship to applicant.
- Optionally, demonstrate competence in English for international students whose first language is not English.
- The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is not required.