Listed below are application instructions for the online Visual Impairment Licensure Program.
To apply, complete the online Non-Degree Application.
To be considered, attach the following documents prior to submitting the online application:
- A copy of transcripts for all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate). Official transcripts are accepted, but not required.
- A copy of your Indiana teaching license(s).
- A letter of recommendation from your current supervisor (if currently teaching); or a letter of recommendation from someone who is familiar with your teaching and interpersonal skills (if not currently employed); or a letter of recommendation by one of your undergraduate professors (if a recent graduate).
- A resume including employment information and work experience.
- A written statement of purpose that explains how the Blind/Low Vision certification fits in with his or her professional goals. The statement should be one to two pages, double-spaced, and typed in either ten- or twelve-point font.
- A copy of your criminal history check if not currently working in an Indiana school district or special education cooperative.
Once admitted, students receive notification from the University as well as their University ID number needed to activate their University Username on the MyISU Portal. The Portal offers access to University records, and other important University services, including e-mail, and University announcements.