The Educational Administration: Higher Education Leadership Ph.D. Program is open to eligible students in the U.S. (including the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories). The program also is open to students in Canada (all provinces). The program is closed to students residing in countries other than the U.S. and Canada except for U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a master's degree granted by a regionally accredited institution.
- Have earned a grade point average of a B+ or above on all graduate work attempted.
- Provide a minimum of three letters of recommendation from persons who know the prospective student in a personal, and/or academic, and/or professional capacity.
- Submit an official transcript from each school at which any undergraduate or graduate work has been done.
- Submit a detailed narrative highlighting the applicant's personal and professional contributions to leadership in education. The admissions committee may require the applicant to appear for a personal interview and to present evidence of his or her ability to write acceptable prose under controlled conditions.
Note: It must not be assumed that meeting minimal standards guarantees admission to the program.