Listed below are application instructions and deadlines for the online Doctorate of Health Sciences (D.H.Sc.).
The online Doctorate of Health Sciences program is open to eligible students in the U.S. (including the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories). The program also is open to students in Canada (all provinces). The program is closed to students residing in countries other than the U.S. and Canada except for U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses. The program requires at least one campus visit each semester with the qualifying examination, dissertation proposal and final defenses taking place face to face on the Indiana State University campus.
Applications for admission are accepted for the fall (August) semester. To ensure full consideration, all application materials must be received by May 1.
Students must satisfy all general requirements of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies at ISU as stated in the Graduate Catalog. Applicants must also satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- A master’s degree in health-related field.
- A master’s level statistics course with a grade of B or better.
- A master’s level research methods course with a grade of B or better.
- A minimum graduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale on all graduate coursework attempted.
It must not be assumed that meeting minimal qualifications guarantees admission to the program.
Step 1: Apply online.
Step 2: Submit the following materials to Indiana State University, Graduate Admissions, Welcome Center, 318 North Sixth Street, Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904.
- Official transcripts for all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions. E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A nonrefundable application fee of $45.00 (U.S. citizens and permanent residents) or $65.00 (international students) payable by Visa, MasterCard, or check or money order payable to Indiana State University (include SSN or student ID). No cash accepted. An application cannot be evaluated until the fee has been received. ISU students returning within two years from their last enrollment will be exempt from the application fee.
- International students must submit official TOEFL (code 1322), IELTS, Interlink, or ELS scores (unless exempt) must be sent directly from testing center to Indiana State University.
Step 3: Please upload and attach the following as part of the online application process:
- A written statement of purpose that addresses reasons this program was chosen.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who are clearly qualified to comment on the applicant’s academic performance and likelihood of success in graduate school.
- A current resume.
Note: Returning ISU students must apply for re-admission if they have not attended ISU for more than two calendar years.
Once admitted, students receive notification from the University as well as their University ID number needed to activate their University Username on the MyISU Portal. The Portal offers access to online registration, University records, and other important University services, including e-mail, and University announcements.
Department Contact Information
Department of Applied Health Sciences
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
Phone: (812) 237-3079
Fax: (812) 237-8607