The Ph.D. in Technology Management is open to eligible students in the U.S. (including the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories). The program also is open to students in Canada (all provinces). The program is closed to students residing in countries other than the U.S. and Canada except for U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a master's degree in a relevant field from an accredited university
- Have earned a minimum graduate grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) within 5 years of submission of application
- Provide results of the GRE or GMAT (scores should be competitive with no minimum score specified)
- Provide five letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to applicant's capabilities of completing graduate-level coursework
- Provide a written career goal statement
- Provide a current curriculum vita
- Complete 6000 hours or three years of validated occupational experience relevant to the field of technology management and/or technical specialization
- Submit verification of occupational experience by providing letters of verification from employer on company letterhead that includes job title, description of duties performed, dates of employment, and evaluation of work performance
Note: It must not be assumed that meeting minimal standards guarantees admission to the program.