Listed below are application instructions for the online master of science (M.S.) in history.
Step 1: Apply online.
Step 2: Submit the following materials to Indiana State University, Graduate Admissions, Welcome Center, 318 North Sixth Street, Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904.
- Official transcripts for all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions. E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A $45.00 application fee (nonrefundable) payable by Visa, MasterCard, or check or money order payable to Indiana State University (include SSN or student ID). No cash accepted. An application cannot be evaluated until the fee has been received. ISU students returning within two years from their last enrollment will be exempt from the $45.00 fee.
Step 3: Please upload and attach the following as part of the online application process:
- Two letters of recommendation, which may originate either from academic or professional referees. We prefer that at least one of the letters comes from an academic source but we realize this is not always possible. Letters should support the applicant's motivation and ability to perform academically at the graduate level.
- A writing sample, which should be an academic research paper.
- A statement of purpose describing academic or employment experience as well as reasons for pursuing the master's degree.
Once admitted, students receive notification from the University as well as their University ID number needed to activate their University Username on the MyISU Portal. The Portal offers access to online registration, University records, and other important University services, including e-mail, and University announcements.
Note: Returning ISU students must apply for re-admission if they have not attended ISU for more than two calendar years.