Listed below are application instructions and deadlines for the master of science (M.S.) in student affairs and higher education (SAHE).
- Apply online.
- Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions previously attended. To be official, transcripts must be sent directly from the college attended to: Graduate Admissions, Indiana State University, Welcome Center, 318 North Sixth Street, Terre Haute, IN, 47809. E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a nonrefundable application fee of $45.00 (U.S. citizens and permanent residents) or $65.00 (international students) payable by Visa, MasterCard, or check or money order payable to Indiana State University. Submit payment to: Indiana State University, Graduate Admissions, Welcome Center, 318 North Sixth Street, Terre Haute, IN, 47809.
- Please upload and attach the following as part of the online application process:
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement of professional goals and past experiences emphasizing those life experiences that are relevant to the pursuit of a career in student affairs. The statement shall comprise a typed paper of two to three pages in which the applicant must answer the questions that include:
- Why do you want to be a student affairs professional?
- What or who has most influenced your wanting to pursue this career goal?
- What experiences did you have as a college student that contributed to your desire to work in student affairs?
- What qualities do you believe will enable you to be a successful student affairs professional, and what strengths do you believe will help you achieve your academic and professional goals?
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who can comment on your potential and/or fit for the program.
Note: Returning ISU students must apply for re-admission if they have not attended ISU for more than two calendar years.
The SAHE Program admits students for fall only. Beginning December 15, the SAHE Program reviews completed applications. Applications completed by December 15 will receive full consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted until the cohort is full. Failure to submit all of the above items in a timely manner can delay an admission decision. Admission offers are made beginning February 15.