The online psychology minor is flexible and designed to meet the needs of students with different backgrounds and career goals.
- The online psychology minor includes 18 credits. Coursework includes one required psychology course (3 credits) plus five courses (15 credits) of directed electives that enable students to tailor the program to support their professional goals.
- The psychology minor is well-suited for a variety of majors (including but not limited to criminology and criminal justice, and general studies) and supports careers in social services, health, education, business, and government.
- Courses in the minor may satisfy requirements in some majors. Students should consult with their advisors before enrolling in courses to ensure suitability and plan their program of study.
- Students benefit from classes taught by dedicated faculty mentors with diverse expertise. Most hold doctoral degrees and engage in research and scholarly publication. Coursework is further enriched with lectures and symposia presented by local professionals.
- All courses are offered online. On-campus visits are not required.
The psychology minor is open to all majors (except psychology). An overall GPA of 2.2 in classes counted toward the minor is required. In addition, students must fulfill the University's requirements for graduation with a bachelor's degree, including successful completion of a major.
Note: Students who wish to enroll in one (or more) courses—but do not intend to pursue bachelor's degrees—may apply to the University as non-degree students. Registration is on a space available basis. For assistance, contact Indiana State Online at (812) 237-2345 or IndianaStateOnline@indstate.edu.
For further information and assistance, contact:
The Graduate Catalog and Undergraduate Catalog of Indiana State University are the documents of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalogs supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.