The accounting bachelor degree-completion program typically includes 61-85 credit hours, depending on coursework transferred and whether prebusiness cornerstone and foundation courses must be taken. To determine availability of a course for a particular semester, refer to the class schedule.
PREBUSINESS CORNERSTONE AND FOUNDATION COURSES (24 CREDITS)
Coursework in this area may be satisfied through a combination of online ISU courses, credit earned at the student's local college or university that has been pre-approved by an ISU advisor, or previously earned transfer credit that meets the accreditation standards for the Scott College of Business.
MGT 140 Introduction to Business (or approved substitute)
BUS 180 Business Information Tools
BUS 201 Principles of Accounting I
BUS 202 Principles of Accounting II
BUS 205 Business Statistics I
BUS 263 Legal Environment and Business
ECON 200 Principles of Macroeconomics
ECON 201 Principles of Microeconomics
CORE COURSES (21 CREDITS)
BUS 221 Introduction to Management Information Systems
BUS 305 Business Statistics II
BUS 311 Business Finance
BUS 351 Introduction to Operations Management
BUS 361 Principles of Marketing
BUS 371 Management and Organizational Behavior
BUS 401 Senior Business Experience
ACCOUNTING COURSES (18 CREDITS)
ACCT 301 Financial Accounting I
ACCT 302 Financial Accounting II
ACCT 311 Cost Accounting
ACCT 313 - Accounting Systems
ACCT 404 - Introduction to Federal Income Taxation
ACCT 415 - Auditing Theory and Practice
Choose 9 credits from the following:
ACCT 350 Fraud Examination
ACCT 405 Advanced Federal Income Taxation
ACCT 411 Contemporary Issues in Cost and Managerial Accounting
ACCT 450 Occupational Fraud
- BEIT 336 Business Report Writing (3 credits)
- Courses to satisfy the University's Foundational Studies requirements
- Fulfillment of the University's requirement for graduation with a bachelor degree.
- Accounting majors are required to take eight additional credits of 300-400 level courses beyond the required classes for the major to fulfill graduation requirements.
- At least 50 percent of the business credit hours required for any business degree should be taken at Indiana State University.