Economic Policy Certificate
The University offers an online Economic Policy Certificate Program that focuses on economic analysis of public policy. The program is designed for individuals who wish to pursue or advance careers in business, government, labor relations, economic analysis, banking, urban planning, and other related fields.
- The Economic Policy Certificate Program offers individuals a cohesive pathway to further their understanding of economics past the introductory level.
- Coursework includes 12-15 credit hours of study that includes a core of introductory courses in economics plus electives that enable each student to tailor the program to meet specific educational and career goals. Electives are offered in areas of study pertaining to specific economic and social issues such as healthcare, labor relations, government regulation and finance, economic history, gender, and economic development.
- The program is ideal for working professionals as well as currently enrolled students (except economics majors) who wish to increase employability. Students from many different majors will benefit from further study of economics as applied to relevant public policy issues.
- Courses in the certificate may satisfy some requirements in business majors offered by the Scott College of Business. Students should consult with their advisors before enrolling in courses to ensure suitability and plan their program of study.
- The certificate also provides a pathway towards completion of the online Economic Policy Minor.
- The entire certificate may be completed online. On-campus visits are not required.
- The online Economic Policy Certificate Program is open to eligible students in the U.S. (including the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories). The program also is open to students in Canada (all provinces). The program is closed to students residing in countries other than the U.S. and Canada except for U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
As economic analysis plays a central role in public policy debates, this certificate is relevant for multiple career paths, including individuals pursuing careers in business, government, and non-profit organizations. In addition, the program may be helpful for individuals pursing degrees in business, law, journalism, or social services.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Students have many sources of financial support for their studies, including financial aid, work-study programs, veterans' benefits, and special scholarships for entering freshmen and transfer students.
For further information and assistance, contact:
The Graduate Catalog and Undergraduate Catalog of Indiana State University are the documents of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalogs supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.