Health Analytics Certificate
The University’s online Health Analytics Certificate Program is designed to enhance the professional preparation of degree-seeking students as well as the career advancement opportunities of working professionals. In addition, the program addresses the healthcare data analyst shortage problem in Indiana and beyond.
- Students gain exposure to and practical experience with concepts and tools for analyzing data and extracting meaning from it to support healthcare decisions. In each required course, through hands-on exercises using healthcare industry datasets, students will gain experience transforming data into useful information to solve real-life healthcare problems. Ethical and legal concerns associated with healthcare data, especially in the area of privacy, will be addressed, along with discussion of the ethical dimensions of business decisions.
- The program is ideal for working professionals as well as currently enrolled students who wish to increase employability. Examples of majors who may be interested in this certificate program are Healthcare Administration, Insurance, Management Information Systems, and Operations. Examples of careers are benefits analyst, healthcare data analyst, and revenue cycle analyst.
- Courses in this certificate program may partially satisfy requirements in Management Information Systems (MIS) and Operations and Supply Chain Management. Students should consult with their advisors before enrolling in courses to ensure suitability and plan their program of study.
- Selected courses are offered online. Other courses are only offered on the Indiana State University campus. For details on course delivery, visit courses.
- Upon successful of the program, student receive a certificate of completion.
- The online Health Analytics Certificate Program is open to eligible students in the U.S. (including the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories). The program is closed to students residing in countries other than the U.S. except for U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
Note: Students have the option of completing this certificate program entirely online or on the Indiana State University campus.
Analyzing big data to improve decision making is one of the top priorities of many organizations, including those in the healthcare industry. With federal mandates for health insurance and electronic health records, voluminous clinical, operational and reimbursement information is now in a form more amenable to be used for clinical research and business decisions. However, there is a shortage of healthcare data analysts, given the multidisciplinary nature of health analytics that requires business and healthcare knowledge and technical know-how.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Students have many sources of financial support for their studies, including financial aid, work-study programs, veterans' benefits, and special scholarships for entering freshmen and transfer students.
For further information and assistance, contact:
The Graduate Catalog and Undergraduate Catalog of Indiana State University are the documents of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalogs supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.